First time grower. Seedling starting to yellow

• Thread starter cameronchapman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cameronchapman

I am growing a photoperiod. The seed sprouted 5 days ago. My soil is miracle grow that I sifted fine (I know it's not ideal but it's what I had). Humidity has stayed at 60% because I was told by the grower to keep humidity lower because this strain is susceptible to mold. Temperature is 80. The ph of the soil is 6.9 (maybe a little high?). The container is a red solo cup that has about 50 holes in the bottom and all the way up the sides. Im letting the soil get mostly dry between watering and right now the top is dry but 1/4 inch down is moist. The first 3 days the seedling was stretching really tall and I had it in miracle grow that wasn't sifted and I was top watering. The light was 300 ppfd according to a phone app and the ppfd map included with the light. I tried 3 phone apps that all agreed exactly. The light is on 16 8 4am to 8pm. I transplanted the stretching seedling to plant it deeper and change the soil to a fine sifted one. I also increased the light to 500ppfd and started bottom watering. I know that's a lot of changes at once and was a bad idea, but I was high.
First time grower seedling starting to yellow

This is a photo from last night at 6pm
First time grower seedling starting to yellow 2

This is a photo from this morning at 8am

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

At this point you need to take care with the light. Today's LED lights are very powerful.
300w and bellow 24" above the canopy.
300-600 lets say 30"
Anything above that needs to be 30" at 50% power setting.
I'd even shade seedlings when needed.

It's very early in the game to say but you could shade her if you feel better.
I'd surly do so if it was my plant. She is not burning or anything but an LED is July or August sunlight
not May 24 weekend / springtime sun and can easily stress a seedling.

C

cameronchapman

At this point you need to take care with the light. Today's LED lights are very powerful.
300w and bellow 24" above the canopy.
300-600 lets say 30"
Anything above that needs to be 30" at 50% power setting.
I'd even shade seedlings when needed.

It's very early in the game to say but you could shade her if you feel better.
I'd surly do so if it was my plant. She is not burning or anything but an LED is July or August sunlight
not May 24 weekend / springtime sun and can easily stress a seedling.
The light is at 30% power 12 inches from the seedling. Should I raise it or lower power? I increased because it was stretching

Natep

Natep

I think by sifting the soil it has lost its nutrients. Try transplanting to to larger pots

Beazy

Beazy

I’d say it looks like a perfectly healthy seedling to me. No need to be giving nutes yet

bruceybruce63

bruceybruce63

I had this a few weeks ago. I’m new, and have NO idea what I’m doing. I got scared and bought all kinds of shit. Lmao BUT……. Just let her grow. I put down, Photosynthetic Plus, Kelp, and Insect Frass. If you have an amended soil? Just water the first few weeks (which is what ima try to do next run), or at least for the first 2 weeks or so!

These pics are before and after a couple weeks, I think. The bigger version is her on her 4 week birthday from germination

IMG 4653
IMG 4712
C

cameronchapman

I had this a few weeks ago. I’m new, and have NO idea what I’m doing. I got scared and bought all kinds of shit. Lmao BUT……. Just let her grow. I put down, Photosynthetic Plus, Kelp, and Insect Frass. If you have an amended soil? Just water the first few weeks (which is what ima try to do next run), or at least for the first 2 weeks or so!

These pics are before and after a couple weeks, I think. The bigger version is her on her 4 week birthday from germination
That's good to know

bruceybruce63

bruceybruce63

MrGrowit is the best source I’ve found for general /beginner info

C

cameronchapman

This is now. I noticed that the exposure was higher in the yellowish one. It looks much better with the same exposure as the 1st

C

cameronchapman

I found the issue. It was over watering. The leaves curled down in the next few days. Just so anyone finding this forum in the future know

Top Bottom