First time grower..speed bumps..

• Thread starter Seriesnuns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Hey everyone!

First time growing legally here in Mass.

Could someone give me a pointer what’s going on with my Hurkle Leaves.

I have been training pretty hard core this week...

Growing in FF Ocean..

First time growerspeed bumps
First time growerspeed bumps 2
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey everyone!

First time growing legally here in Mass.

Could someone give me a pointer what’s going on with my Hurkle Leaves.

I have been training pretty hard core this week...

Growing in FF Ocean..
welcome to the farm,so ocean forest,how many weeks in are you,looks like you have feed something that knocked your ph out of whack,ocean forest it good soil and doesnt really need any feeds added to about 4 weeks,do a slurry test first,check out @JWM2 thread for slurry testing,real good thread or post,next after that get you a cheap home NPK test kit,amazon ,ebay even home depot has them,without knowing what your working with kinda hard to find the problem if you dig,sure enough you have knocked your ph out of whack,starting point above will help you know how and what to feed your plant

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Only been feeding water and a cal mag once a week..

I’m leaning towards the water I’m using ph is off...

Is the best way to ph down my water or can I get some sort of granular to mix into the soil?

I’m guessing the ph of my water going in is around 7.5

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Only been feeding water and a cal mag once a week..

I’m leaning towards the water I’m using ph is off...

Is the best way to ph down my water or can I get some sort of granular to mix into the soil?

I’m guessing the ph of my water going in is around 7.5
did the plant need cal mag? you can ph down your water with lemon juice ,im one that dont ph my water at all cant,most my growing is outside,soil buffers it,you have a ph inbalance and if the plant dont need feed,dont give it just saying,you cant feed or water your plants on a schedule,you have to do that when they tell you in soil,best tell tell is when the leaves are praying to the sun first sign they need feed,after you feed they droop,i would cut out the cal mag for sure soil is difrent than the water folks ,lean a empty pot of same soil towards you,feel the weight,then go in and do the same to one your plants,i bet you will find your over watering,you dont want it dry or wet,moist is the key,do one better,take same size pot with same soil and weigh it,then water it to runoff as you already do,write down that weight,when you suspect they need feed weigh it,just a tip that may make or break you

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Thank you for the advice! I’ve been trying to not to over water. I usually go by the weight method.

Interesting with the scale method! I will do that when I’m ready to transplant the females...still waiting on them to show..

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

Hey. I’m from Mass as well. Used to grow with FFOF and may go back to it. I used to grow all the way from clone to flower just by up potting with more soil not huge engorged trophy plants, but dank. The fox farm is quite “hot”. Meaning it has a lot of nutrients in it, and your plants don’t really need to be fed. There is, for example, no need for cal mag. Put that stuff away. Don’t add anything unless your plants are asking for it and then consider worm castings instead of chemical ferts. Instead of dabbling with chemicals, work on your environment, because that will be one of your biggest challenges I hope you have a successful grow.

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Thanks! I got the ph dialed in now I’m wondering if my COB LED’s are bit too close...the leaves seem a bit dry but the soil is plenty moist. Moved them up to the. 18/20” range from the canopy.

No more yellow leaves like before. Though a some do look rough.. she’s a strong one that’s for sure! Between the autos and fem seeds you can definitely tell how resilient she is.

A6C064F8 DFB0 45D5 A8AC E634CFCE526E
B457E595 A871 46D4 A28C 234618EB45E4
T

TeW33zy

Thanks! I got the ph dialed in now I’m wondering if my COB LED’s are bit too close...the leaves seem a bit dry but the soil is plenty moist. Moved them up to the. 18/20” range from the canopy.

No more yellow leaves like before. Though a some do look rough.. she’s a strong one that’s for sure! Between the autos and fem seeds you can definitely tell how resilient she is.
What? Do Not listen to these people on here. I could see what's going on within 5 seconds. It was to much light, to much light doesn't allow the plant to photosynthesis nor transpire which causes water to sit in the veins of the leaves which is why you have speed bump leaves and squinched internodal veins. Water went back down the plant and rooted the root hairs which prevented his from uptaking nutrients which is why you have deficiencies. You raised the lights and it gets better over time but it takes to long to recover, well over 30 days to recover and the leaves damaged can never be fixed again, you have to wait for all mew growth extending your veg another 60 days which is why you have to throw it away. Don't you have a par meter? Are you still raising and lowering lights based on mfg recommendations? If so, no wonder your killing your plants. The fact everybody said it was Ph shows nobody knows anything about Agricultural anatomy which is why it takes several years of College to know what your doing and plant anatomy. Had you had asked a Biosystems or agriculture engineer soon as it happened you would have had a answer right away and you wouldn't have got advice from failed growers.

T

TeW33zy

I also noticed you have extreme big pot, why? Why are you putting that small looking thing in a pot twice it's size? That is a recipe for overwatering the roots, they don't like that. Give it up, this isn't for you. Just do something else

T

TeW33zy

What? Do Not listen to these people on here. I could see what's going on within 5 seconds. It was to much light, to much light doesn't allow the plant to photosynthesis nor transpire which causes water to sit in the veins of the leaves which is why you have speed bump leaves and squinched internodal veins. Water went back down the plant and rooted the root hairs which prevented his from uptaking nutrients which is why you have deficiencies. You raised the lights and it gets better over time but it takes to long to recover, well over 30 days to recover and the leaves damaged can never be fixed again, you have to wait for all mew growth extending your veg another 60 days which is why you have to throw it away. Don't you have a par meter? Are you still raising and lowering lights based on mfg recommendations? If so, no wonder your killing your plants. The fact everybody said it was Ph shows nobody knows anything about Agricultural anatomy which is why it takes several years of College to know what your doing and plant anatomy. Had you had asked a Biosystems or agriculture engineer soon as it happened you would have had a answer right away and you wouldn't have got advice from failed growers.
Typo #1 meant to say rotted the root hairs not rooted the root hairs.
Typo #2 meant to say which prevented your roots from uptaking nutrients
Adding: Your PAR meter should read 150 ppfd for the first 30 days. After that, increase your ppfd by 50 every 7 days. This will prevent light stress which leads to speed bump leaves, rotted roots and nutrient deficiencies. Your plant should always be 2x wider than your bucket and NEVER the opposite. Once Your plant is 3x wider than the pot it's in, then transplant into a pot that is 1x smaller or equal to the width of the plant and grow it until its 3x wider than the plant then transplant final time. 1 gal > 3 gal > 5 gal. Stop low stress training the plant, Top at the 4th node (remove the apical growth chute) and remove the 1st node leaving nodes 2 & 3 and FIM those as they grow. As long as you don't light stress it or overwater it with too big a bucket it will branch out, u don't need to do whatever u did, the plant looks weird.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I also noticed you have extreme big pot, why? Why are you putting that small looking thing in a pot twice it's size? That is a recipe for overwatering the roots, they don't like that. Give it up, this isn't for you. Just do something else
Your attitude is going to be your demise!
Any more negative bull shit out of you and your out of here permanently:)
College edumucated heh🤔
I gots me a ninth grade edumacation and figured it out😉

Last edited:
Top Bottom