First time grower think i have problems

• Thread starter RAPTORRAGNAR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RAPTORRAGNAR

Hi guys first time growing and I've jumped right in with zero knowledge and experience with some seeds that was given to me which was given to them and given to them and so on so no idea on strain, I belive my plants were doing fine until Saturday morning I'd gone in and all my leaves looked droopy I thought maybe I'd overwatered them the night before, my plants are in coco/perlite 80/20 in 10 litre pots currently 4 weeks from seed I use a 1200 led which is 24 inches from the tallest plants canopy, I have fans blowing side to side over the canopy, I use a 3 part nutrient jungle juice, bloom grow and micro also calmag agent don't really understand ec to much but my tap water is normally between 280 to 310, I bring the ec upto 450 with the calmag and then using equal parts of my nutrient bring it up to 1100 (1.1) my plants are on 18 light 6 dark humidity ranges from 45-65% temps range from 20 to 26 degrees depending on light cycle, the first 3 photos are how I found the plants 12 hours after I watered middle 3 are what they looked like yesterday the one in actual light is my worse one taken this morning I haven't watered my plants since soil is still quite moist and most are starting to perk back up just wanted people's opinions thanks

First time grower think i have problems
First time grower think i have problems 2
First time grower think i have problems 3
First time grower think i have problems 4
First time grower think i have problems 5
First time grower think i have problems 6
First time grower think i have problems 7
First time grower think i have problems 8
First time grower think i have problems 9
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

They look like they are overwatered. Overwatering isn't defined as giving to much water at one time but to much water over a period of time without letting them dry out. If the plants dont have time to dry out between waterings this is usually what happens. You can see how the veins on the leaves are swollen from to much water making them droop.

What is your tent temp, humidity, what soil, lights, any extra info can help too.

R

RAPTORRAGNAR

They look like they are overwatered. Overwatering isn't defined as giving to much water at one time but to much water over a period of time without letting them dry out. If the plants dont have time to dry out between waterings this is usually what happens. You can see how the veins on the leaves are swollen from to much water making them droop.

What is your tent temp, humidity, what soil, lights, any extra info can help too.
The humidity in the tent ranges between 45-65% normally between 55-60% and the temps are up and down depending if lights are on or off anywhere between 20-26 degrees, they are planted in 80% coco and 20% perlite its been 3 days since I last watered them the soil was quite dry when I did water (so I belive ) I checked on them again before lights went off 2 hours ago and the ones that had perked up went droopy again pots have plenty of holes in the bottom and I think the pot drains well

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

The humidity in the tent ranges between 45-65% normally between 55-60% and the temps are up and down depending if lights are on or off anywhere between 20-26 degrees, they are planted in 80% coco and 20% perlite its been 3 days since I last watered them the soil was quite dry when I did water (so I belive ) I checked on them again before lights went off 2 hours ago and the ones that had perked up went droopy again pots have plenty of holes in the bottom and I think the pot drains well
Perhaps buy a moisture meter,they are really cheap.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

So unfortunately you will have to wait on someone that is more experienced with coco. I only grow in soil so i dont know anything about coco.

R

RAPTORRAGNAR

Perhaps buy a moisture meter,they are really cheap.
I do have one that I poke in the pot of 3 or 4 plants prior to watering I check its on bottom half of damp into dry if I do water and I haven't yet watered these plants with less than a 2 to 3 day interval

GeoMcl81

GeoMcl81

Looks like an over water like others have suggested. I water ever 5-7 days checking that they are needing it. Temp is 25-26°c humidity @ 60-65% veg
... I suggest putting your fan down to the pot level to get them to dry quicker ease back on water till they almost drooping from being dry this should harden them back off. The longer they stay soggy the more damage to your roots.

R

RAPTORRAGNAR

Checked soil is still damp and they ain't been watered in 67 hours leaves are still drooping and some new fan leaves on top are starting to loose their colour
20220919 195706

20220919 195228
20220919 195221
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Checked soil is still damp and they ain't been watered in 67 hours leaves are still drooping and some new fan leaves on top are starting to loose their colour
View attachment 1283792
Up your ppm to about 800total.

remove 2-4 of the largest fan leaves at the base if the plant for air flow and make sure you have good circulation.

what is the temp and humidity?

water as there this thread… coco is NOT soil.

R

RAPTORRAGNAR

Up your ppm to about 800total.

remove 2-4 of the largest fan leaves at the base if the plant for air flow and make sure you have good circulation.

what is the temp and humidity?

water as there this thread… coco is NOT soil.

Thanks I will do, so to my understanding from that thread is always keep the coco wet ? I've been watering 2 litres into a 10 litre pot 😅 by the looks of it I should only be watering with about 500ml and up my ec to like 1.6/1.7

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks I will do, so to my understanding from that thread is always keep the coco wet ? I've been watering 2 litres into a 10 litre pot 😅 by the looks of it I should only be watering with about 500ml and up my ec to like 1.6/1.7
Yeah bit you will likely need to water more often… if flush the media with a regular 800ppm feed thats temp and PH adjusted. Never flush coco with just water

R

RAPTORRAGNAR

Yeah bit you will likely need to water more often… if flush the media with a regular 800ppm feed thats temp and PH adjusted. Never flush coco with just water
Thanks just went in there then and one plant is starting to turn yellow 😩 one thing after another 🤣

R

RAPTORRAGNAR

Update this morning I watered last night with an ec of 1.6 (800ppm) plants did look a little better however I'd noticed this morning the tips of the fan leaves were starting to curl under but still keeping its colour I had raised the lights to around 30 inches above canopy

Top Bottom