First time grower this looks bad

• Thread starter davecw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xebediah

Xebediah

If the signs of deficiency don't show again I'll keep same ppm for a couple more weeks before raising it again.
I don't think you'll need to go that long at that level of PPMs That's a good starting point to get your plant feeding again, but a good indicator that it needs more nutrition is the amount of solution it's consuming. So keep a close watch on the total volume changes each day. If it's going down, then it's feeding and probably wants more nutrients.

One method I like to use is to pre-mix a solution at about twice the level of PPMs that it's currently at and then top off the water with the more concentrated solution. This creates more "buffering" to allow the plant to acclimate to higher concentration levels over time. So, you might mix a solution up to a level of about 650 PPMs and then top it off with that over the next week.

davecw

davecw

I don't think you'll need to go that long at that level of PPMs That's a good starting point to get your plant feeding again, but a good indicator that it needs more nutrition is the amount of solution it's consuming. So keep a close watch on the total volume changes each day. If it's going down, then it's feeding and probably wants more nutrients.

One method I like to use is to pre-mix a solution at about twice the level of PPMs that it's currently at and then top off the water with the more concentrated solution. This creates more "buffering" to allow the plant to acclimate to higher concentration levels over time. So, you might mix a solution up to a level of about 650 PPMs and then top it off with that over the next week.
Thanks for all the tips. I'll try the pre-mixed solution. Do you clean out your reservoir? weekly? or bi-weekly?

Xebediah

Xebediah

I was cleaning out my rez every time I changed out the solution which was about every other week. But, I'm not changing out my solution this time until I flip to flower. It's recommended to swap/clean out, but not necessary. If you only have 3 gallons, that makes it easy to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom