First-time Grower Using Dwc Recirculating System

• Thread starter DrewBara
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrewBara

I was just wondering if any of you guys got any pointers and tips as I take this journey on my first grow using a dwc recirculating system what I need to watch out for and just some pointers and tips

DGP

DGP

First some questions:
-Do you have a control bucket and top off reservoir or are you just recirculating water through the grow buckets?
-Top feed using drippers or fed in through the side of the bucket?
-Do you have some pictures?

There are several types of RDWC systems. However, the things I have learned are:

1. I need about half the nute load (ppm) that fertilizer vendors suggest.
2. I add nutes or adjust ph slowly using dilutions to avoid shocking the girls
3. I keep the water at 65-68F and when I do a water change I make sure the water isn't too cold or they will get shocked by that as well.
4. I am very careful and make changes slowly and don't add tons of shit to the mix. Most of these bloom enhancers and other additives are BS.
5. I like simple so I use powdered nutes not hyped up, expensive cannabis liquid nutes. In my case Jacks Hydro pro, Jacks Calcium Nitrate and Epsom salts 3 grams, 2 grams and 1 gram per gallon.

In the end it is all about environmental control, timing and prevention. DWC will grow monster plants if you pay attention to the details. Don't expect your first grow to be spectacular just try to finish with some kind of harvest. Take detailed notes every day especially regarding temp, ph and ppm. Start a grow diary/log so people can help and don't get offended by some of the more direct advice, just learn from the experts (I am learning everyday here).

Have fun and don't F it up:)

My DIY RDWC UC system: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...formance-under-current-for-300-or-less.94487/

My current grow log: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/rdwc-undercurrent-cheesequake-f2-run.95097/

Top Bottom