First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Aqua Man i didnt realize i would have to pretty much perform physical therapy on myself to get my leg to work again.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I use this. Has lasted 6 years using every day some so far.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-Truncheon-Nutrient-Meter-Germination/dp/B00348PV6S

Rounds off the numbers but plenty accurate for a soil/soiless container grow and never needs calibration.

Only drawback is you have to leave it in the sample a minute to equalize temp for accurate reading. The pens do that electronically.
Oh shit that's a bill for that thing..... dam good thing I getting some over time at work.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man i didnt realize i would have to pretty much perform physical therapy on myself to get my leg to work again.
Surprisingly I found stretching regularly to help quite a bit. But I always get lazy and then I aggravate it and I start rehabin for the next few weeks then slowly get lazy and less cautious until I aggravate it again. Rinse and repeat it's just one vicious circle of stupidity lol

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

So I just got home checked on my plants moved the soil around to even out the soil and what do I see on a few of the plants roots on top trying to look out... how bad is this I've read different things that it's good lots of roots and that it's bad root bound and also that I need to transplant. Any one had this happen before and what should I do????

Judaz

Judaz

So this is my first time growing how you guys think my plants look? Not sure if light is to close? These pics were taken today. They have been in the pots for about 5 days now I wanna say. Like I said this is my first time go easy on me.

Nice little grow setup as long as it works and learn you are all good. We all gotta start somewhere. I remember my first indoor round started in the closet of my dorm freshman year in college with a 400 watt hps light. Put some Mylar on the walls and and a little fan to move air and had gotten miracle grow to feed them. Came out great. It was a strain that we called the convalescent buds because after smoking it we would get you so high that one of my buddy’s said it knocks you so hard that you feel like you needed the care of a nurse.

It was purple afghani crossed w/ Thai sticks. Man. What would I give to get those genetics back. We had stored seeds in my friends dad’s garage around 2004 and house got robbed and one of the boxes that they took had the seeds. Gone forever...

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Nice little grow setup as long as it works and learn you are all good. We all gotta start somewhere. I remember my first indoor round started in the closet of my dorm freshman year in college with a 400 watt hps light. Put some Mylar on the walls and and a little fan to move air and had gotten miracle grow to feed them. Came out great. It was a strain that we called the convalescent buds because after smoking it we would get you so high that one of my buddy’s said it knocks you so hard that you feel like you needed the care of a nurse.

It was purple afghani crossed w/ Thai sticks. Man. What would I give to get those genetics back. We had stored seeds in my friends dad’s garage around 2004 and house got robbed and one of the boxes that they took had the seeds. Gone forever...
If you keep looking at my stuff I have some what up grades my set up light I hope go up tomorrow

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I moved soil around a lil more and found this maybe I need to transplant take off some of the lower leaves and bury her a lil more in a 3 gallon pots now and take them to flower in that???? What do you guys think???

20191114 013150
20191114 013129
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Been peeping in and out, im on my second grow, but feels like, not even a first, feels like half a grow right now with all the issues. What a curve.... What.. a fucking.. curve.. we are on the same page learning wise, which is why i like this thread.

Got to say, i like where this has gone. The upgrades look decent, im pleased. Ill be watching. Learning along with you too. Keep it going.

So I just got home checked on my plants moved the soil around to even out the soil and what do I see on a few of the plants roots on top trying to look out... how bad is this I've read different things that it's good lots of roots and that it's bad root bound and also that I need to transplant. Any one had this happen before and what should I do????

If roots are showing above the soil, i suggest covering with soil. as far as i know, that can create hermie issues??? I could be wrong, i dont know much, but i think i read that somewhere.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I moved soil around a lil more and found this maybe I need to transplant take off some of the lower leaves and bury her a lil more in a 3 gallon pots now and take them to flower in that???? What do you guys think???

I would suggest definitely adding some soil to that. But, once again im not even close to an expert.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Been peeping in and out, im on my second grow, but feels like, not even a first, feels like half a grow right now with all the issues. What a curve.... What.. a fucking.. curve.. we are on the same page learning wise, which is why i like this thread.

Got to say, i like where this has gone. The upgrades look decent, im pleased. Ill be watching. Learning along with you too. Keep it going.

If roots are showing above the soil, i suggest covering with soil. as far as i know, that can create hermie issues??? I could be wrong, i dont know much, but i think i read that somewhere.
Thanks bud. Yeah differently alot to learn but great guys on here very helpful and full of knowledge.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I would suggest definitely adding some soil to that. But, once again im not even close to an expert.
Yeah I plan on doing that I added some pics guess the steam wasn't to grow roots that's where they are coming from.

Top Bottom