First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

What kind of stone do you want. If you want an up beat high go 50/50, you want a couch lock go 70 amber and 30 milky
That's why I'd tend to opt more clear as I don't go for couch lock though that seems to go against conventional wisdom it seems. 🤷‍♂️

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Click me, as i am the trim bin. <-----

C2F

C2F

Ok mine is a sealed room so I don't pull fresh air in or exhaust any air at all. It's all sealed up air tight. So I run an inline fan to suck air from the top of the grow side over to the equipment side. It goes through a carbon filter to remove the smell. When I open the doors it does have a faint smell but hardly anything.

You on the other hand will be pulling fresh air in and exhausting air out into the room. So while just over 1x the volume CFM is good for me it may not be enough for you. But at 90 cubic feet a 200cfm fan/filter combo should be good. Again I use a phresh filter and can't comment on how well the vivosun work. But I can say that activated carbon is not all the same there is different grades, porosities and sources. The cheaper carbon does not perform as well in varying humidity or effectiveness of removing voc's.

I can only comment on what I use. Others may work well also but I do feel that phresh makes very good quality filters.
Quick question can you run a vivosun inline fan with a phresh filter? Im okay with temps im more on the smell side of things

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Quick question can you run a vivosun inline fan with a phresh filter? Im okay with temps im more on the smell side of things
As long as it the fan has a high enough turnover and the filter is working well then the smell will be minimal. Also the humidity is a big factor in performance of the filters don't run them over or even at 70%RH. 65% is about the max I run mine at.

I also find in flower the higher the humidity the more potent the smell is and plants seem to retain more terps when not exposed to low humidity. With co2 I stick to about 55% without I'd say 55-60% even late flower imo. But in order to do so you really need to manage your microclimates and have good airflow through the plants. Most people think k they do but I can almost assure you most would be surprised at how much higher the humidity is inside thier canopy.

Many concentrate much to hard on the room temps and the humidity of the room. Then complain about humidity causing PM or other infections. When the truth is the humidity in the room may be 50% but in the canopy its 80%+.

When we talk temp and humidity its important to put the room conditions as secondary and concentrate on the leaf/plant temperature and the humidity at the underside ofthe leaf surface.

Reactions: C2F
Codym01

Codym01

Aluminum foil is bad because it creates hot spots, people do just white paint for full room grows. You can also order 8x8 mylar emergency blankets very cheap online which work well. You should get a small fan to get air movement, it will help strengthen the stalks. Also be aware these a not small plants, you will be constantly trying to build a new enclosure to fit them all as they mature

Codym01

Codym01

Probably stop wasting time at Walmart too. You can find cheap and effective lights on Amazon, even like Facebook marketplace you can find used ones local. I dont believe these walmart bulbs will be enough to sustain you through the whole grow, you will definitely be buying more light in the future

Fortaf

Fortaf

Looks like they are stretching to get closer to the light . Move the light closer and you should be good. Seedlings look nice and healthy otherwise :)

Top Bottom