First time grower

• Thread starter Ninimodz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Ninimodz

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I have just planted 6 germinated seeds a few days ago using fox farm frog soil and perlite. (Late in the season, I know) They've just sprouted and I got a twin seedling I think .I'll post some pictures later. I'm growing them outdoor in south east NC. Any tips for this stage for a new grower?

N

Ninimodz

Week 1: Yesterday I tried to pull out the twin with a spoon and accidently dropped the baby girl. I'm left with 7. The first two are 'Ak47'. The last two pics are unknown. I just stabbed more holes for drainage in these pots as an attempt to not over water them.

Snapchat 1128709697
Snapchat 1600099956
Snapchat 1765919557
Snapchat 604338843
2Bad

2Bad

Looks good! Just make sure it's light before you water again. And completely saturate! looks like you got it tho

N

Ninimodz

Hey 2bad!

Thanks for the advise, im constantly torn between wanting to water them because they look dry on top and not too moist about an inch down and not wanting to over water. Is there a better way to know when to water in this stage?

2Bad

2Bad

Hey 2bad!

Thanks for the advise, im constantly torn between wanting to water them because they look dry on top and not too moist about an inch down and not wanting to over water. Is there a better way to know when to water in this stage?
Literally lifting the pots up after watering and remembering how it feels that's how most people do it. I do think you have the hang of it though.

N

Ninimodz

Literally lifting the pots up after watering and remembering how it feels that's how most people do it. I do think you have the hang of it though.
I will give that a try today or tomorrows sunrise. Thanks man.

Badcableman

Badcableman

Get yourself some fabric pots. Once your seedlings have some size to them and are ready, transplant them. Yes, autos don't like being transplanted. Hence the reason I prefer photoperiod. These girls were all started inside (mid MI area) in March and were into solo cups and in the greenhouse first week in April. Put in fabric pots beginning May and have been out in the open 24/7 since. You're using good media and perlite. Fabric pots lessen the opportunity to overwater just as long as you don't go overboard. You're off to a good (albeit a bit later than perhaps ideal) start. Good luck!

20220528 114450 HDR
N

Ninimodz

Thanks man, I will be getting fabric oits very soon. Quick question, do you worry about neighbors smelling your plants at all at that stage?

Badcableman

Badcableman

Thanks man, I will be getting fabric oits very soon. Quick question, do you worry about neighbors smelling your plants at all at that stage?
Smell is always a concern. Right now, the odor is quite low and unobtrusive IMO. We've all got fenced yards, and our prevailing winds out of the west usually keep the odor down. Truthfully, we've got plenty of wildlife around, and skunks get hit by cars around here with regularity, so it's not been a problem thus far for me.

radrichie61

radrichie61

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I have just planted 6 germinated seeds a few days ago using fox farm frog soil and perlite. (Late in the season, I know) They've just sprouted and I got a twin seedling I think .I'll post some pictures later. I'm growing them outdoor in south east NC. Any tips for this stage for a new grower?
Well this reply is gonna be a bit old as it is now in December 2022 but, I thought I’d reach out and say hi and that I live in North Carolina although it is in coastal NE North Carolina, but I want to reach out to a fellow Carolinian. I live in the Cape Hatteras region and get very nervous growing in this state, they’re so damn uptight! I think I’m gonna go guerrilla grow this year as I have many places around my home that are close by, and I can get too easy and hopefully lower the risk to myself. If you ever wanna swap information about growing in Blackbeards back yard, just reach out.

Top Bottom