First time grower

• Thread starter Olliebug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Olliebug

Hello everyone! First time grower here. Question right frome the start...lol....I have had these seedlings under 18/6 light since they sprouted. I plan to move these photos outside around the first of May in a small greenhouse. My question is, have I screwed up by having them under this light cycle? If I move them outside later will they start to bud or flower or whatever it's called because of the reduction of light? Please help!

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Try... dropping current light cycle.. 16hr ... when outside put a 100 watt shop light on them... for the additional hours.. ( 3 hr on before set sun... or full time (morning on).. if got no timer.. this should keep them from flowering.

orggrwr

orggrwr

As long as you have 14 hours of light they shouldn't flower. I start my outdoor plants inside on 18/6 for a month before putting straight into greenhouse in early May.( I'm in Virginia). Never had any problems. Good luck

O

Olliebug

Hey thanks, I'm in Virginia too. Was just thinking of I should cut them back to 14 hours. Thanks for your help!

D

DougV

I’m new here as well. I’m mainly popping up as I’m in Virginia, too. I’m near Richmond.

I germinate about 50 seeds annually as well as clones and garden plants. I don’t grow all that, I start seeds for every grower I know, thank you 2018 Farm Bill. I start seeds under 18/6 schedule, at two weeks they get transplanted and moved outside, put under much stronger lights and a 16/8 schedule for about 3 weeks, then hardened outdoors for a week, increasing exposure until they are in full sun 8 hours a day and back into the tent. I distribute on April 15 and so far not one has ever began to flower. This is only my third year, but so far so good.

A photo of this year’s outdoor start is included.

Doug

IMG 0661
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Yes.
Your far better off cracking seed May 24. Transplant into big pots June 1st when it's nice and warm, than playing around with light cycles.
Plant's can do all kinds of crazy things on you.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I don’t grow outside and am in the uk so our light hours may differ however as this is in introduce yourself let me be the first one to welcome you to the farm 🙂

Latest posts

Top Bottom