First time grower

• Thread starter AZreefer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AZreefer

Hello all. I have built a rdwc system in my mind that i am finally putting into place. Got the tent in place. Next step is my air circulation system then i build and plumb in the hydros. Last will be the electronics. Im new to hydros but im very familiar with chemistry, parameter testing and just very handy. Im going to be using a controller and probably a giant light. I plan on dropping more on my light than the rest of the system. Lights and air im dropping the most into. The hydro im building from a bunch of parts on the cheap.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Sounds like a good plan. The light is certainly the most important part. Do you have any brands or models in mind? What type of controller do you plan to use? I use AC Infinity controllers and many of their other products.

A

AZreefer

Ac infinity for the controller, pro+ for the 8 devices. HLG diablo light and ac infinity for the vents. Ill be putting in a couple clip on fans for circulation, a small intake fan on the floor bringing in air and 6in exhaust fan to establish a good negitive pressure. A dehumidifier as well as a humidifier because im in a hot dry desert.

Lurpin

Lurpin

Sounds like a good plan. The light is certainly the most important part. Do you have any brands or models in mind? What type of controller do you plan to use? I use AC Infinity controllers and many of their other products.
I'm returning to growing after a long break. I see AC Infinity on amazon, and see it suggested in videos on youtube detailing the best LED grow lights for 2024. Have you used their lights? I'll probably be using a lot of their other products because I like the idea of having their controller monitoring my tent for me and it seems east to just plug it all into their controller.

Lurpin

Lurpin

Ac infinity for the controller, pro+ for the 8 devices. HLG diablo light and ac infinity for the vents. Ill be putting in a couple clip on fans for circulation, a small intake fan on the floor bringing in air and 6in exhaust fan to establish a good negitive pressure. A dehumidifier as well as a humidifier because im in a hot dry desert.
What do you like about the HLG diablo?

A

AZreefer

What do you like about the HLG diablo?
The reviews ive seen showed it as an effective all around light for each stage. The power it produces during the flowering stage was what sold me on it. That and it fills the 5x5 im building in

A

AZreefer

20240414 162536
20240414 162545

20240413 175119
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Very nice. I'm outside/greenhouse year round and haven't done any growing indoors, other than starting seeds since early 80's. Couldn't afford to do it today without solar and even then here in Cali the price of juice is ridiculous. I am using reg LED's with the defuser removed in the greenhouse these days during the winter and spring to keep a few moms but that it but I do enjoy seeing how others are doing it😉 nice!

A

AZreefer

Friday im ordering my circulation system. Will be aci intake and exhaust. I cant find a combo bundle with the t series fans and pro+ controller so i will be purchasing an s8 kit with speed controller and an s6 with the duct. Im not sure if the pro+ controller will be purchased this round or later. I think my build is going to take me 3 months to piece together. More if the hydro system doesnt stop getting more complex. Now my design has to incorporate several new things suggested to me by sucessful growers. Im building a 4 pot rdwc with 10 gallon brutes plumbed together with 2.5in plumbing and fed via 3/4in tube for the fall. Ive learned that i need to put in isolation valves on each pot to be able to close off and drain to clean weekly. With a clean swap bucket made to rotate out a dirty one i should be ready. I learned i should have a filter in my plumbing to prevent any shit from infecting my roots. Ive actually picked up so much in the last week of reading articles and chatting on here that i wish i could just purchase everything i need now and put it all together!

Top Bottom