First time grower

• Thread starter DankIsLife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DankIsLife

Hi guys im new to the fourms. Im a first time grower looking to get educated on this plant. I have done hours of research tried a few things. I have been watching very close on when to water and how close my lights can be. I started this grow before the last freeze. I was going to try to grow outside and was 2 weeks off of when the last freeze came. I would pull my plants inside at night and place them out on a sunny day. There were a few days it was too cold for my plants to be outside so i had made the investment into some grow lights. I have 120 watts of CFL grow lights and they seem to be doing wonders for this plant. My question is durring the time i didnt have the lights and couldnt be placed outside my plant streched. How can i fix this problem. My plant can not support itself for the moment being it has been doing fine till this morning it is top heavy.

I Do not know what strain this is. Its bagseed. I am just experimenting top of the line genetics are on the way.

I have used this organic grow one time and was wondering if its ok to use. I only used half of what it told me to use being the plant is young.

I was wondering what this plant was. I know what i planted and i know that it dosnt look like the other one. I have had this plant outside for a a short time. Could my pot have been infected? Or is this my baby?

D

DankIsLife

This last picture was the plant i was wondering what it is. I hope it is a baby girl but it is not looking like how the first one looked when it started to grow. It is sprouting its 2nd set of leaves but isnt the famous leaf we all know. Thanks for the advice in advace

ttystikk

ttystikk

Your little plant needs support like it's getting, and plenty of light. Keep a cfl on it, no more than 3" from the plant. It will develop strength this way.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Guys... LMAO! He was asking you what you thought the other seedling was. I want what you're smoking. :D

OP, I have no idea what that other seedling may be. See if you notice anything similar growing nearby, it's likely a seed dropped or blown in by the wind.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Do you have a bird feeder near by, looks like a sunflower. Put it in a salad....;)

homebrew420

homebrew420

Def not a sunflower. Its a weed...just not the great kind. Haha. Tty has gotcha on this one. Sun is your best friend cfl a distant second. You will want air movement inside, fan indirectly on it (small fan), outside momma nature has your back.
No way of deserning what variety you got there however as bag seed your more than likely to end up with a lady plant.

Great luck to you and welcome to the wode rful world of cannabis cultivation.

Peace

Dunge

Dunge

I wasted my first year growing a bagseed plant.
I believe that one of the greatest advantage a modern grower has is a world wide trade in seeds.
Good genetics can make a great contribution to results.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting. I don't consider that first year a waste at all. I got well over a pound of smokable weed, maybe a quarter of nonsmokable, and lost a quarter pound to mold in the jars. So, out of pots that weren't started until July because I'd killed damn near all the others during a heat wave and not understanding that roots can cook, I managed to get, what... a pound and a half my first start out of the gate? And that was going as cheap and easy as I could, because I didn't want to waste money doing something that wouldn't turn out well. I consider it a fantastic learning experience upon which I've built each year (that's called making mistakes). :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Interesting. I don't consider that first year a waste at all. I got well over a pound of smokable weed, maybe a quarter of nonsmokable, and lost a quarter pound to mold in the jars. So, out of pots that weren't started until July because I'd killed damn near all the others during a heat wave and not understanding that roots can cook, I managed to get, what... a pound and a half my first start out of the gate? And that was going as cheap and easy as I could, because I didn't want to waste money doing something that wouldn't turn out well. I consider it a fantastic learning experience upon which I've built each year (that's called making mistakes). :)

In hindsight I would like to have figured out my russet mite problem faster! Other than that, my first year- back- was pretty good.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
And me with my root aphids, had I listened to lilmisslone.

L

luvy

um...first of all, looks like Indica I have seen in the past, having mutated. That's ok. I loved the fruit in the end. Starting with a sterile mix is key. start your seedlings in an appropriate size container (2 oz. pot or sixpack) As it grows look for roots to appear at bottom of container.allow roots to develop(1-2 weeks after you notice roots, then tp up to maybe a 16oz. (red) solo cup with drainage holes cut out of bottom(3-5). @ this point place under metal halide(400watt) light. or if outside.mulch well..acclamatewith indirect light for a week or so. Seedlings are stretchy and spindle like which is why we clone from the seed to establish a mother. Clones are exactly the same only sturdy. a simple rule use is the recipe of 3-1/3 potting mix 1/3 perlite 1/3 worm castings making sure to water in slowly and until it begins to drain from bottom (to also)use sterile plastic pots not terra cotta. if using hormone...use only until established. once you have good root system the plsnt can accept nutrients...seaweed & fish emulsion for vegetative growth... super phosphate is for fruiting/flowering... if using bat guano...read about it...make a tea...or lightly scratch into 6" cirle around plant and water in...do it up to 45 or so days before budding. good luck hope this helped

P

PanchoVilla

What kind of soil is that? Add some perlite to improve drainage, you don't want your dirt all soggy.

Top Bottom