First Time Grower

• Thread starter BosStrong
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BosStrong

Hey guys I am very excited to start my first cannabis grow:) I will be working in a unfernished basement in a 4x8 grow tent from Apollo to start off. I have already purchased a sun system lec 315 RA,dimmable galaxy ballast, and both 4200k and 3100k bulbs from phillips.( might buy a second unit in time for flowering) . my ventilation is a 8 inch hyperfan phresh filter combo.
My next step is to have a electrical line run from my fuse box and i was wonder what exactly should i go for 120 or 240v? I plan on eventually running 2 to 3 cmh or 2 cmh and a 600hps combo. My genetics will be kosher kush from reserva privada and im leaning towards roots organic soil. Im also pretty unsure of what nutes i will be running.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Definitely run everything you can at 240v. Most lights are not designed for 120v so 240v will give you a slightly higher output. 240v also cuts your amps in half don't confuse this as saving money on electric but rather it's not using extra amps from electrical box. This is key especially in a home that people are living in using electronics for other things. Trust me you don't want your lady bitching she can't use the hair dryer because your lights are on haha.

As far as nutes go if you are looking to go organic it's hard to beat biobizz. It's easy to use and produces the best flavor I have seen. As long as your water is decent you shouldn't really need to mess with PH or worry about EC. I love my bio bizz done a couple small 1 light grows but now I'm building another room for a lec lights with bio bizz nutes.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

@BosStrong also 240v is especially key with the lec lights. I was told by a sunlight rep that to run the cmh bulbs at 120v(which is what is in your lec) they have to add an extra part to convert the power making them less effective and efficient. He highly recommended running lec fixtures at 240v. Of course if you have 120v fixture don't hook it up 240 haha. Overall though looks like you are on the right track! Good luck!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't advise you on stuff like your electric, but I can welcome you to the farm. Welcome!

Latest posts

Top Bottom