First Time Grower

• Thread starter OGSWAGGYP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

ganjagrowa

It's totally alright to have concerns about small issues with your grow. Stop the issue before it takes over. But I see a healthy strong plant. It looks like it's in a 1gal planter? I don't think it's to big for it's home right now, so that shouldn't be an issue. I like chemistry's theory of nute splash. I see the one lower leaf might have been in your soil when feeding. I like the aeration holes in your planter. I do the same thing in my 5 and 7 gallon containers to help keep standing water off the roots. I do coco with 30+% pearlite, 10% vermiculite and stones on the bottom. I go dry or light every 3 days or so. My root structure and color has been outstanding in last grows using this method. Plus if a need to flush because of an overdose of for the end of your grow the water flows nicely to clean out the salts. Your looking good. Keep it up.

Thanks for all the help, seems like i just need to sit back relax and enjoy the process for a little while, what would you say would be good to use for the first nute feeding, and when, shes about 30 or so days from seed now, about 6-8 inches tall, and just noticed tonight that its got 9 fingered leaves, never seen this before, good ? bad ?
and im pretty sure this is a kush strain,

K

kansabis

View attachment 756171

Thanks for all the help, seems like i just need to sit back relax and enjoy the process for a little while, what would you say would be good to use for the first nute feeding, and when, shes about 30 or so days from seed now, about 6-8 inches tall, and just noticed tonight that its got 9 fingered leaves, never seen this before, good ? bad ?
and im pretty sure this is a kush strain,
Can't help alot on the nutes since I rarely use them but when I do its only foxfarms microbe brew in veg and bembe in flower and recently I've just been using real growers recharge until plant tells me it needs something,at that height you are looking at 2ft finish height maybe less,have you topped at all? If this is from fem seed it might be a good time to take a clone or wait a couple weeks. 9 fingers is good,they increase by 2 up until around 13 fingers max the older they get. You should be good on nutes for at least 2 more weeks with it being under a foot tall.

G

ganjagrowa

Can't help alot on the nutes since I rarely use them but when I do its only foxfarms microbe brew in veg and bembe in flower and recently I've just been using real growers recharge until plant tells me it needs something,at that height you are looking at 2ft finish height maybe less,have you topped at all? If this is from fem seed it might be a good time to take a clone or wait a couple weeks. 9 fingers is good,they increase by 2 up until around 13 fingers max the older they get. You should be good on nutes for at least 2 more weeks with it being under a foot tall.

No i havent topped at all, i started LST a while ago, when the plant only had about 2-3 nodes and its been growing like crazy ever since, and does the number of fingers mean anything ? and only a 2 ft finish u think ? doesnt sound like a lot of buds from 2 ft, although its branching like crazy,

K

kansabis

I said 2ft cuz at 8inches tall it would double and sometimes more depending on strain,lst is good,yeah you can get a good yield from a 2 footer but with restricted light and height you don't wanna get it to tall that the light doesn't get to the bottom buds,I lollipop mine for airflow and so it doesn't waste energy on popcorn nugs at the bottom and focuses energy on upper colas. My last grow was 5 plants in a 2ftx2ft tent 4 plants at 1ft and the other around 2ft. I ended up with 2oz dried,not great but not bad,its enough to get me to next harvest. I'd say you could get close to that with your 1 plant and that light with some more veg time,training and good luck. Keep us updated on your progress.

G

ganjagrowa

I said 2ft cuz at 8inches tall it would double and sometimes more depending on strain,lst is good,yeah you can get a good yield from a 2 footer but with restricted light and height you don't wanna get it to tall that the light doesn't get to the bottom buds,I lollipop mine for airflow and so it doesn't waste energy on popcorn nugs at the bottom and focuses energy on upper colas. My last grow was 5 plants in a 2ftx2ft tent 4 plants at 1ft and the other around 2ft. I ended up with 2oz dried,not great but not bad,its enough to get me to next harvest. I'd say you could get close to that with your 1 plant and that light with some more veg time,training and good luck. Keep us updated on your progress.

thanks man will do, i hope it doubles in size lol

K

kansabis

Are the lights you mentioned in earlier post the ones you will be flowering with? If so I would recommend upgrading either before you flip if you can or for your next run,will help loads.

G

ganjagrowa

Are the lights you mentioned in earlier post the ones you will be flowering with? If so I would recommend upgrading either before you flip if you can or for your next run,will help loads.

i was planning on using them thru to harvest, for my setup what would you recommend as far as a light to switch to before i flip to 12/12

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Hi al

Well as stated this will be my first time growing and I basically need help with every aspect. I’ve watched a few YouTube videos but I honestly still don’t know exactly where to start. My goal is to do an indoor grow for personal use. 2-3 plants max at a time. I can’t dedicate an entire room to it. So, I plan on using a nice sized grow box. This is where my first dilemma presents itself. Budget is a factor. I can’t afford to spend thousands on a grow box. I’ve seen armoires made into boxes and that seems like an option because I could buy one for less than $100. I own the home so being super stealth isn’t the #1 priority. As long as the smell is bearable. I plan to purchase some auto flowering seeds from fastbuds because I’ve read that autos are easy for beginners. I do know I plan on using soil as well. Those are really the few things I’m sure of. With this info can someone help me with the most economical way to put together a nice growing system? I’d be glad to even be pointed in the direction of a good thread or video tutorial. Thanks in advance.
Sorry your forum was taken over. And I am a contributor. Grow rooms. My first set up was an epiphany. Long story. But before any bean is bought or sowed, an environment must be established. That's were your at. You really can't just throw that out there. We could write a book. This is my wrap up. seed, solo cup, soil, mother earth, water, light, love, devotion, commitment, and in the end this Lovely Lady will give you what you gave her. It's never a loose situation. put a bean in the ground. I started a with clf in a closet. still in that closet. takes some time but the more you grow the more you know.

chemistry

chemistry

Nuits are black art, every one likes some thing different. For nuits you want to go for a simple to use basic line up, forget extra additives and wizardry for the time being. I like the Canna line, vega A and B for veg, flora A and B for flower (DWC). Cannazyme for roots, and Canna Agent (calmag)

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Nuits are black art, every one likes some thing different. For nuits you want to go for a simple to use basic line up, forget extra additives and wizardry for the time being. I like the Canna line, vega A and B for veg, flora A and B for flower (DWC). Cannazyme for roots, and Canna Agent (calmag)
I do voodoo, mgg is my Grandmothers grow. She could grow a tomato on a corn stalk. She took me down the do it at home road. I crush egg shells, save my coffee grounds and throw all my made by mother earth house hold waste, (that might include a few of my wife's meat loafs, ha ha,) into a cpost. but you have to be fortunate enough have some place to make a pile of,.. compost. I use all my past fan leaves for future grow. Just toss em into a bigger ziplock for a week or so and add some esalts and unsulfured cane, ph it to your room, voodoo, tea from the dead. but ph is critical. fucked off some pretty young ladies being lazy. thinking the brew don't change over a week. bottles don't do that. I had to veg 2 for 3 months. for being lazy and not floating the soil and sticking the
water. But as I smoke this 3 week cure, I am here. kind of enjoying myself. Just starting a 8 ho grow. steeped and wrapped some beans in tissue from some contributions, thank you for the love. no genetics but why should I change things. I grow. fuck I love this shit. peace.
1204161655a
1210160945b
Mr Frosty

Top Bottom