First Time Grower

• Thread starter Hanabal12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hanabal12

Hanabal12

Hi guys, I have Done alot of research but always come up with people saying opposite things, I've just got a few questions that I need some sound advice on.

I've got a friend to start my plant in his environment until mine was built, but he's planted it in canna terra, and I'm using coco, will the clones I cut from it quite happily grow in my coco? Will it make any difference to have the mother in coco too?
I've also got some substantial ventilation questions haha! I've got a carbon filter set from swiftair, and it will cover my cfm in under an hour, but I'm using a 600w HPS bulb for my flowering and a 900w mars hydro for my veg, will I need a filter and fan for my veg? I can't see the temperature getting too high under LED?? And as importantly will I need to have the fan on for flower all the time? Finally my last question is my friend is suggesting upgrading to a 6" fan and ducting to move more air but I've read on here some people have upto 24 plants on a single 4" fan and ducting, what are your thoughts guys??? :)

Monster762

Monster762

Hi guys, I have Done alot of research but always come up with people saying opposite things, I've just got a few questions that I need some sound advice on.

I've got a friend to start my plant in his environment until mine was built, but he's planted it in canna terra, and I'm using coco, will the clones I cut from it quite happily grow in my coco? Will it make any difference to have the mother in coco too?
I've also got some substantial ventilation questions haha! I've got a carbon filter set from swiftair, and it will cover my cfm in under an hour, but I'm using a 600w HPS bulb for my flowering and a 900w mars hydro for my veg, will I need a filter and fan for my veg? I can't see the temperature getting too high under LED?? And as importantly will I need to have the fan on for flower all the time? Finally my last question is my friend is suggesting upgrading to a 6" fan and ducting to move more air but I've read on here some people have upto 24 plants on a single 4" fan and ducting, what are your thoughts guys??? :)
Ok cover cfm in hour? No good. You want to evacuate every inch of air at least every 3 minutes or so. Better exchange of fresh air = happier plants.
What is room size?
And as far as your clones I’m no pro. New to cloning but I’d assume the cuts will take to whatever you put them in.
And definately need fan 24 hours unless running co2.
Filter is a put it on as needed deal but keep in mind access gets more limited as plants bigger. . I’m not planning to put mine on til flower.

Hanabal12

Hanabal12

My tent is 2.4x1.2x2 but I'm going to partition is into 2 1.2x compartments with mylar, thankyou for the advice on the fan I'll surely be looking at a new fan then :) well that's surely what I thought with the clones, I didn't see the issue mixing soils if it's a tiny amount either as was planning to clone in rootriot packs :)

I've converted my room exactly and its 183cfm and my fan has a max of 230 I believe so is that Ok or do I still need the upgrade? :)

Top Bottom