https://www.amazon.co.uk/BioBizz-BBTM500ML-500ml-Top-Max-Liquid/dp/B005AXRON8

Seedling Soil

Meters etc.

3 in 1

PH PEN

Lights X2

TO BUY

-----------------------------------

Thats the fan, filter and speedcontroller I was looking at.
Any recommendations on anything else I should buy/need ?
Not looking for recommendations on items I already have unless they badly need changed, appreciate the help.
I think the calculations for the filter/fan etc should be plenty for the tent?.

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Thats the fan, filter and speedcontroller I was looking at.
Any recommendations on anything else I should buy/need ?
Not looking for recommendations on items I already have unless they badly need changed, appreciate the help.
I think the calculations for the filter/fan etc should be plenty for the tent?.

Damn son! I'd say you are pretty freaking stacked up to the gills lol! :) Some of us old timers here hope for good sun, cowshit, perlite, good dirt pile, compost, and fresh grow bags hahahahaha! You'll do fine. Just be careful with the nutes and soil. GOOD soil is already packed with nutes. If you are doing root care and transplanting with fresh soil a couple of times during veg, you might not need anything until you get to flower. Depends on the soil composition though.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Lol, any recommendations on anything else I need?

I'm not sure if the fan and extractor is good enough for the tent? can it be too good? pulling too much air out?
Thinking of what fan I should use for the intake

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Lol, any recommendations on anything else I need?

I'm not sure if the fan and extractor is good enough for the tent? can it be too good? pulling too much air out?
Thinking of what fan I should use for the intake

As cavalier as this is going to sound... don't get pissed. I'm NOT talking down to you lol. Seriously. My first and only mentor about 25 years ago said "Dude. It's JUST a fucking weed." Straight up what's good for one grower isn't what another wants to do. Everyone has their preferences, perspectives, opinions.

I've grown in pvc pipes punched for 6 inch net pots running nft, flood and drain on HUGE tables (8x8), aeroponics, drip, timed, passive, bucket. HPS, MH, Flouro, LED supplments (commercial ones hadn't came around by the time I shut off the full time lights). I don't know everything for sure. Really don't think anyone does. Our knowledge is all fucked up and tuned into one perspective... the stuff we've all individually grown.

Sure there are things which all strains have in common. But there are also things that are unique to each well established strain.

That being said... what I've found ironic in this journey is just about everyone I know who is a water grower is doing everything they can to replicate two things: Sunlight and Soil. Think about it. Everyone indoor worries about air quality, co2/o2 mix, mold, fungus, pests, nutrients, run off, ph, lumens, rock wool vs. hydroton vs. coco fiber. Outdoor? Different considerations like criters, helos, and hunters.

I've done what you're about to do and had a blast doing it. It's like magic. But as I've gotten older it's more about the journey than the destination. The foregone conclusion is there WILL be bud at the end. I WILL get stoned when I cure and smoke it. You'll get to enjoy each stage, the art that happens behind good LST, the way different strains react, explode, or die. No one is perfect. We all have blown plants and clones.

The best advice I can give you is the same thing my mentor mumbled behind that thing up there. He said that shit endlessly in response to my never ending questions. "Dude. It's JUST a fucking weed..." the rest? "Have fun with it. Fuck." And he'd go back to whatever he was pruning or whatever.

Today? I live in a legal State, in the woods and I'm blessed to have the ability to work full time from home. So my set up is going to be a lot different than someone who lives in urban anywhere or a not so legal State and has a 9 to 5 or worse. Personally I prefer to use the sun 100% for my flowering plants. They get 12/12. Out at 8am. In at 8pm. I have a "flowering closet". Lol it's just a closet. Grow bags and a very high quality soil mix. I keep Earth Juice Bloom and Cal/Mag along with old school Dutch Masters 2 part grow in case I get into a HUNGRY long vegging strain that's going to suck that soil dry. I have a few 4 x 2 high intensity flouro setups that are about a decade old but they get new bulbs each year. 1 Momma for each of the 4 strains I am growing this year. So anything that is in veg is outside for 12 inside for 6 then the timer shuts off. The biggest pain in the ass with my set up is carrying the plants all over the place. But I don't miss the rest of the metering science shit at all. It takes a little longer. But I like the taste and characteristics better in dirt. Just a preference.

Good luck with your first grow :) It's going to be a ride. The first ones always are.

iTurniGrow

iTurniGrow

Appreciate all your words man, read it all =p
Since it's my first time grow I just wanna make sure I got everything and all D: but yeah I understand=p

Top Bottom