First Time Growing And I Need Help!

• Thread starter Brothai
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Brothai

First time growing and i need help
hey you guys this is my first time growing and it’s been almost 2 months since I sprouted my first plant! But lately it’s been looking a lil sad and I’ve been doing everything I can think of to help it. But it’s still looking sad.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ok to get some answers, you have to provide information. Temps, medium, nutes, lights etc. Every piece of information you provide will be good.

B

Brothai

Ok to get some answers, you have to provide information. Temps, medium, nutes, lights etc. Every piece of information you provide will be good.
I have it lights going for 18hrs/day and temps at 76-78 degrees I’ve been giving it nutrients such as foxfarm plant food and giving it 6.5ph water every other day since we are using coco loco by bush doctor as soil

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
How much do you feed? Can you take a pic with normal white light lights on and blurple turned off.

B

Brothai

I have two lights one is a full spectrum and the other is a veg and bloom led and they are between 2000-2400 watt if that’s helpful

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
View attachment 839678
It was reading 2 on the moisture meter so we gave it about gallon of water
By how much do you feed i meant what mls of nute per litre or gallon?
Take a pic with grow lights off and use your ambient light or flash. Colors are important to diagnose, we can’t see them under grow lights.
How high are your lights from the canopy?

B

Brothai

i did 1.5 tbs of big bloom and 6 mml of grow big big fox farm with distilled water ph'd and had i small amount of runoff. the plant is about 10-11 inches from the light.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
i did 1.5 tbs of big bloom and 6 mml of grow big big fox farm with distilled water ph'd and had i small amount of runoff. the plant is about 10-11 inches from the light.
This is for how many plants, how many gallons of water? Is it per gallon?
11 inches is too close for the wattage, i am sure they are not 2000w true draw but it can still be too much light. Take it up to 20-25 and see if they like it better. You can gradually lower them once they get over this shit they are dealing with.
Are you lifting the pots to see if they need watering or go by schedule? I suggest lifting them to feel the weight. Hell you will probably be ok if you watered everytime the top of the soil dries off. It is coco after all.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
1 gallon with that nute for the one plant
Well i havent used ff nutes but 1,5 tbs per gallon seems high. Start by getting your lights up high and keeping the medium moist, dont let it drop to 2, 5-6 may be better.
Coco loco is heavily amended as far as i can remember, if it hasn’t been a month or so in that pot with the same soil, you don’t even have to feed it. Phed water will be fine.
If it has been in that pot for 2 months with the same soil, it may have become rootbound too.
These are just some ideas, since i am not very familiar with the medium and the nutes you are using, i am just trying to nudge you into the right direction till someone who has experience with your situation comes along :)
Your rh?

B

Brothai

ive raised it to over 20 inches and ill give you a report on it tomorrow on how it does with it. hopefully it will like it better and get back to 100%! thanks so much for the help!

Bigdawg15009

Bigdawg15009

It kinda looks like a little over watered. Dont go on a shedule or use that moisture meter it messed me up in the begining on my growing. That and i was over watering and they looked like that. Droopy bc there full of water. Now i wait till wheni dig my finger down 2 or 3 inches and its dry or i have a piece of wire with a black coating on it that i stick down in the pot about 3/4 of the way down n i pull it out and see if the medium on it is damp. If you water your plant till the water is coming out the bottom then pick it up to feel the weight then you can get an idea of what it feels like so you can get a better idea of when it needs water by how light it got. Also if you do the wire trick do it right aftef you water so you can see what it looks and feels like when you pull it out wet. Beginners like you and i tend to want to give it more to get it to grow faster and bigger but what i learned in the last few months is usually less is more meaning when i wait till it needs watered and when i feed it only once a week or slightly less than recommended i see more growth at a faster pace. Not sayin this is what you are doing but thats exactly how my plants looked when i was overwatering. That and it could be what someone else said to and be root bound. What size pot is that? May need bigger ones..just my opinions bro but im no pro im still a noobie as well lol..

Bigdawg15009

Bigdawg15009

I second monster 762. Wouldnt hurt nothing could only help it grow better i think.

Bigdawg15009

Bigdawg15009

Sorry for posting so much lol but just thought of this. Make sure you check the ph after the nutes are added to the water. I noticed that the nutes i was using was dropping the ph in my water by quite a bit depending on how much you are adding to it. I believe this is how its suppose to be done. If im wrong somebody please let me know.
Also just an fyi if your in between feeds and looking for a 6.5 ph water the great value walmart brand "purified" water in the gallon jugs are a 6.5 ph water. The distilled and spring water are off but ive checked the last 50 gallons of purified water ive bought and its been right at 6.45-6.5 every time.without nutes added that is..

Top Bottom