First Time Growing. Any Tips?

• Thread starter BrokonBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BrokonBuds

Thanks bro! I'm not sure how much I got off of each plant yet. But it's definitely more than I expected. The picture where they're on the cardboard. All the buds I got from the left side of the lighter were from both blackberry plants and looks to be the biggest yielded. The right side of the lighter is the lemon sour diesel, doesn't look like as much but the nugs are super dense. The alien orang cookie is mainly smaller nugs and the only plant I would not consider growing again based on the success of the other two strains.

xavier7995

xavier7995

If you want to really smile, weigh it out and figure out what it would cost to buy it and if what you buy is up to that caliber. It is like the first time you really nail cooking a steak, you just feel accomplished....a "FUCK YEAH" if you will.

First one under your belt is a great confidence booster to move on to the next. One tip, you probably thought of lots of stuff to do differently next time, just change up a few things at a time, if you try and improve on too many aspects at once it can be difficult to tell which thing actually helped....that is a bendable tip though, depending on what all you opt to do differently. I always wind up with wanting more space and/or better canopy management....but that will just be an ongoing effort.

B

BrokonBuds

Yeah I can't wait for the smoke test :)
The next thing I know I'm doing for sure is when I put it into flowering, is drop the light to 18"
I was unaware of this for some reason lol and only got to lower the light from 24" to 18" two weeks before they were finished. I'm sure that would've made a big difference. But the buds all seem dense. Especially the lemon sour diesel one. They're like rocks. I was gonna wait till they dry and weigh it as I put them into jars. Super excited. Is it pretty much smoke able after the week of drying?

xavier7995

xavier7995

It's smokable. ....sorta. 2 to 4 weeks is better, but you can get an idea of what you have earlier.

B

BrokonBuds

This is just something to get me through till the next harvest. If I can come up on four ounces then I will more then happy. At this point I am not going to try another light since I've already invested into it. Maybe when this light burns out. I'm confident in higher yields in the future and if this stuff gets me high then 0.186 per watt was worth it to me and I'm a happy camper, not to mention it already looks better then most of the herb I see at the dispensaries. This whole project was just for fun :) thanks for your opinion though.

B

BrokonBuds

got a final weight?
Hey guys, so yes. Sorry for the delay lol. The finally weight was 3.5 ounces. The plants were only 15-16 inches tall, maybe one or two branches were 18". Filled three 12oz mason jars with the black berry. the lemon sour diesel and the alien orange cookie filled one jar each. As far as smoke test. They all get me high just like buying good herb from the club. In fact. I don't know if it's just me but the smoke seems to be super smooth, not harsh at all.
I'm confident in a higher yield next time, I will veg them till I get them taller for sure, as well as try a different fertilizer other then the 20-20-20 stuff I got for veg. I'll also maybe try using a sugar to see how that works and makes it taste different. Not that I'm complaining about the smell or taste. They are fantastic. I will also not forget to lower the light from 24" to 18" for flowering. I believe that could have made an impact on yield as well. But this was extremely fun for me and I will do it again. Next time I might try growing from seeds instead of clones. Depending on what I can find. I'll post pictures in just a sec.

Top Bottom