First time growing (closet)

• Thread starter Zeroclue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
when trying to grow roses from cuttings i often used a 3 liter coke bottle, cut the bottom off and put it over the new cutting with the screw on cap at the top used to vent when needed. diy is great!

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

when trying to grow roses from cuttings i often used a 3 liter coke bottle, cut the bottom off and put it over the new cutting with the screw on cap at the top used to vent when needed. diy is great!
Thats really good idea ivstealth nice thinking how's your grow coming?

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

General hydroponics flora trio plus cal mag, I'm leaning towards using less than the chart recommends too.
I use promix hp straight from the bag now (just finished my second harvest) but my first grow I used miracle grow potting mix and it was a hassle the whole time..
Running photos, a few clones from a friend and a few plants I grew from bag seed. One of the seeds I popped for the second grow was a13+ year old agent orange seed I saved and it grew more aggressive than any others. It was an early flower tho, started budding on 21 hours of light lol. Thought it ended up being auto but the clones I cut from it I put on 24 hours light and they are still looking like veg plants and they're 2 plus months old now. Weird that they can be early birds sometimes

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
well... the bag seed i planted while waiting on the good seeds was 2 wks old yesterday, i had a birthday celebration for them and gave them a nice drink of water.

the "good" seed finally broke the dirt and became cute little sprouts over the last 2 days. one of them a day before the other.

HdhVvQM

good luck with your grow! so good to see as it goes, it gives me hope! lol

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

well... the bag seed i planted while waiting on the good seeds was 2 wks old yesterday, i had a birthday celebration for them and gave them a nice drink of water.

the "good" seed finally broke the dirt and became cute little sprouts over the last 2 days. one of them a day before the other.

View attachment 1098377

good luck with your grow! so good to see as it goes, it gives me hope! lol
Yes you as well! Hopefully I'll be flipping soon find out the sex of this bushy beast

firstgrowdontknow

firstgrowdontknow

The stretch can be real lol. This plant grew 20 inches straight up after it was flipped(pic taken day of). but maybe I didnt have enough light. I would plan on the plant at least doubling in height.
Stretch

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
expect double in height and width once the buds are on her.
looks great!
might as well flip soon, this was the learning grow and than you can get the next grow all ready to go.
even start new seeds in a few weeks..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
see those twisty leaves?
it’s probably because you may be watering a day or two early( too frequently) im not 100% sure as there is no definite answer for it.
also as i don’t see signs of pest or mildew.
as for your humidity it should be closer to 50, the plant would grow a bit faster if so. otherwise doesn’t seem to have a bad effect on her..

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

It all depends how much room you have vertically! It will like others said stretch a lot or a little strain depending. Some can grow 3 times the size by the time flowering is done. A light defoliation would be great for her. Take off some of the big inside fan leave blocking the growing shoots of the lower branches. Helps get the light down into the plant and increase airflow for transpiration and help prevent mold and leaves laying on top of each other

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

see those twisty leaves?
it’s probably because you may be watering a day or two early( too frequently) im not 100% sure as there is no definite answer for it.
also as i don’t see signs of pest or mildew.
as for your humidity it should be closer to 50, the plant would grow a bit faster if so. otherwise doesn’t seem to have a bad effect on her..
It doesn't look over watered. It's likely genetic or PH issues

Zeroclue

Zeroclue

I watered a gallon 2 days ago and Yes It is ph issues my runoff was 7.6 (I used different water) but I'm switching back to my tap water which is a 6.2. I switched lights last night I noticed noticed a light green color today must be nitrogen my first time using the fox farm I did the recommended amount of big bloom and a quarter of the recommended amount of grow big which has my nitrogen i was planning on double that from 1 teaspoon to 2 and see how it goes I also cut all the bottom leaving the 4 top nodes. Should I just wait till next watering to fix?
20210308 171723
20210308 173139

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

I watered a gallon 2 days ago and Yes It is ph issues my runoff was 7.6 (I used different water) but I'm switching back to my tap water which is a 6.2. I switched lights last night I noticed noticed a light green color today must be nitrogen my first time using the fox farm I did the recommended amount of big bloom and a quarter of the recommended amount of grow big which has my nitrogen i was planning on double that from 1 teaspoon to 2 and see how it goes I also cut all the bottom leaving the 4 top nodes. Should I just wait till next watering to fix?View attachment 1100275View attachment 1100276
Looking good man! I would let her dry down before adding anymore water. It will stress her more. Your on the right track, good stuff

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Also how long has she been in that planter? May be a good idea to start flowering sooner so she doesn't become root bound on you

StankStirr

StankStirr

I watered a gallon 2 days ago and Yes It is ph issues my runoff was 7.6 (I used different water) but I'm switching back to my tap water which is a 6.2. I switched lights last night I noticed noticed a light green color today must be nitrogen my first time using the fox farm I did the recommended amount of big bloom and a quarter of the recommended amount of grow big which has my nitrogen i was planning on double that from 1 teaspoon to 2 and see how it goes I also cut all the bottom leaving the 4 top nodes. Should I just wait till next watering to fix?View attachment 1100275View attachment 1100276
Congrats on the flip! Looks like you've been busy since my last check in! New light, trained plant, nutes ect. You're a bonafide grower! Well done! I would recommend you watch your leaves closely over the next few days, I'm not positive but I think you might have a slight nutrient burn. If you see any yellowing at the tips of your fan leaves, you'll know it's a little hot. I believe that's what I saw... A little bit of yellowing isn't a serious situation but if it continues, you'll want to deal with it. For now, just watch and mabey back down on the amount you feed next time.
Looking good my friend! Finger's crossed for a female!!! If not, it's been awesome experience for the next round. I'm sure we'd be able to "find" ya some seeds somewhere around here ;)

Top Bottom