First time growing inside, Help Please!

• Thread starter FreeTheWeeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So far, I've only been using 120 watts total for lighting. That's having 4 two foot long and 4 four-foot-long LED lights running. Add another 35 watts for heating and air movement. I'll be damned if I'm going to burn 400 watts or more, and then also have to run a fulltime exhaust fan or air conditioner to keep things in control.

In the next week, I'll be adding 2 15-watt Uvb bulbs to the mix. They will only be on 4 hours a day, during the middle of the light cycle, to simulate the high altitudes that the plant is native to. Granddaddy Purple is an indica that has landroots based in the mountains of Afghanistan, usually grown at elevations of 15k feet., which results in higher exposure to the Uvb rays. This is supposed to result in a higher trichome count as the plant tries to protect itself from UV damage.

Time will tell.

Have a good day.
I looked into uv lights and after watching a video by Dr.Bruce Bugbee I decided to go with the side lighting instead. I've tried growing the GDP a couple of times and I've not had much luck with them...Who knows maybe your idea of more uv rays is why they just grew not thrived....The led's I have now provide some UV lighting but its increasing the far reds I've been reading about I'm interested in seeing the results from lights like these say they provide light into the 850nm

4 of those in the corners in spot lights aimed where you want or on clips hanging where ever for best coverage.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I looked into uv lights and after watching a video by Dr.Bruce Bugbee I decided to go with the side lighting instead. I've tried growing the GDP a couple of times and I've not had much luck with them...Who knows maybe your idea of more uv rays is why they just grew not thrived....The led's I have now provide some UV lighting but its increasing the far reds I've been reading about I'm interested in seeing the results from lights like these say they provide light into the 850nm
View attachment 1221384

4 of those in the corners in spot lights aimed where you want or on clips hanging where ever for best coverage.
I use 2 of these in flower after the stretch is complete, and I believe they speed up the flowering time.

set them to kick on 15min before the other lights, and stay on for a total of 30min. Sunrise.
then kick back on for 30min at lights off. Sunset.
Plants wake up, and go to sleep quicker resulting in faster flowering
Emerson effect.

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I use 2 of these in flower after the stretch is complete, and I believe they speed up the flowering time.

set them to kick on 15min before the other lights, and stay on for a total of 30min. Sunrise.
Emerson effect.
finally, what i wanted to know month ago

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Emerson effect.
According to DR.BB deep reds will help promote growth and I like the stretch, the more the better. It let the small inner shoots sprout out beyond the stock...as I said I'm going for more popcorn and if I can get them to stretch then I'll bend them over in the direction of the lights. I feel too much time is spent growing them to chop them / lollypop. If I can get them to perform better for a couple hundred more watts it's worthy it to me...........

My blue T5's keep them shorter in veg & I'm a topping nut so there are lots of tops but I'm only cutting off what I need for clones them and let em grow

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So far, I've only been using 120 watts total for lighting. That's having 4 two foot long and 4 four-foot-long LED lights running. Add another 35 watts for heating and air movement. I'll be damned if I'm going to burn 400 watts or more, and then also have to run a fulltime exhaust fan or air conditioner to keep things in control.

In the next week, I'll be adding 2 15-watt Uvb bulbs to the mix. They will only be on 4 hours a day, during the middle of the light cycle, to simulate the high altitudes that the plant is native to. Granddaddy Purple is an indica that has landroots based in the mountains of Afghanistan, usually grown at elevations of 15k feet., which results in higher exposure to the Uvb rays. This is supposed to result in a higher trichome count as the plant tries to protect itself from UV damage.

Time will tell.

Have a good day.
What did you do about the timer on the lights? The lights don't come back on after they lose power so when my timer goes out at night these lights don't come back on....I'm just going to cut out the timer and replace it with an on/off switch, I thought I'd ask you before it goes under the knife seeing as you already have them.

F

FreeTheWeeds

Well I pulled the plant last week and let it hang in the tent with the fan and one light (12 hours a day) running. Today I trimmed off all the buds and placed them in a large mason jar for aging.

Total of 53 grams. Rock solid buds that have nice purple color, cover with trichomes.

IMG 20220409 211430

IMG 20220409 211534

IMG 20220409 211605

Looking at a bud with a 60X magnifier, you can see how thick and glassy the trichomes are covering everything.

Surprisingly, I found two fully formed seeds. Both of them were on lower branches, in small buds.

Tomorrow I will be starting two plants indoors in the tent. Blue Cheese and Granddaddy Purple. I'll also be starting three plants for outdoors. Blue Cheese, GDP, and Black Afghanistan out in the green house to start.

Have a good day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom