First Time Growing Like a Weed

• Thread starter FirstTimer1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArrEll

ArrEll

Hey Guys! Well being that tomorrow July 1st, cannabis will finally be legal in my state, I had to join the community and share!

First time growing here. Started off with a Blueberry. I germinated in a wet paper towel and placed it in a standard solo cup once the tap root showed about 1 cm. Once the leaves reached the outside edge of the cup I transplanted to a 3 gallon fabric pot. 6.5 weeks in at the moment. Growing in my closet at the moment inside a grow tent. Constant 80 degrees and 48% humidity. Starting to smell a bit so I'll be figuring out the cheapest and best way to mitigate that so my entire house doesn't smell.

Anyways, wanted to say hello!

View attachment 1141194
Nice plant! I wonder why it's becoming so Odoriferous at this stage. That normally doesn't begin until after it starts to Flower. Could be your soil. One suggestion: Try to ventilate your Grow. Use an inline Fan & some Dryer Exhaust pipe (fairly cheap Online). Plants need fresh air, plus they benefit from just a LITTLE Breeze, which helps strengthen the stems. Just a SOFT push of air, not a full-blown Gale-force wind lol. Keep us Posted, with pics. Welcome!

ArrEll

ArrEll

Well everyone's needs are different... I grow one plant at a time in a 2x2 tent in my basement. I finally broke down and bought a ventilation fan & carbon filter, one of those Amazon specials lol.

I'm in a townhouse complex and even though it's legal (🇨🇦) I don't want to 'advertise' that I'm growing and more importantly the wife doesn't care for the smell of the fragrant flowers I grow😆

For you it's going to depend on the size of your tent and closet. You'll need to figure out the CFM (cubic feet per minute) for your size tent and base your fan/filter needs on that number.

But yeah you'll need some serious filtration in order to keep odors in check...especially if you've got neighbors in close proximity!✌
You are a Wise Fellow. I myself LIKE the smell of cannabis plants, but it spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E for most people. Allow me to advise you: Do NOT play "Show & Tell" with ANYBODY, when it comes to your Home Grow. As it is said in Russia: "Two people can keep a secret, only if one of them is dead". If word gets out you're Growing, some police still desire to be Bully Boys and will orchestrate a Raid on your home, legal or no - just to appear "Tough On Crime". Some nosy neighbor could easily misconstrue your efforts as some "Illegal Grow", dime you out, then - all bets are off.

FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

Nice plant! I wonder why it's becoming so Odoriferous at this stage. That normally doesn't begin until after it starts to Flower. Could be your soil. One suggestion: Try to ventilate your Grow. Use an inline Fan & some Dryer Exhaust pipe (fairly cheap Online). Plants need fresh air, plus they benefit from just a LITTLE Breeze, which helps strengthen the stems. Just a SOFT push of air, not a full-blown Gale-force wind lol. Keep us Posted, with pics. Welcome!
It's not alot, but I can start to smell it a little bit. Only when I initially open the tent. I have an extremely crazy sense of smell.

I have a small fan mounted inside blowing around. Its mounted beside one of the vent holes so its able to pull fresh air in. I also left a second open.

I plan on buying an inline carbon filter soon and mounting it.

FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

You are a Wise Fellow. I myself LIKE the smell of cannabis plants, but it spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E for most people. Allow me to advise you: Do NOT play "Show & Tell" with ANYBODY, when it comes to your Home Grow. As it is said in Russia: "Two people can keep a secret, only if one of them is dead". If word gets out you're Growing, some police still desire to be Bully Boys and will orchestrate a Raid on your home, legal or no - just to appear "Tough On Crime". Some nosy neighbor could easily misconstrue your efforts as some "Illegal Grow", dime you out, then - all bets are off.
Yeah, only 2 of my closest of friends know. Others are just a need to know basis.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Ac Infinity makes good fans. Quiet and last a long time. Get a bigger fan than you need so you don’t have to run it wide open it will increase the life span.

FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

Thanks. There wasn't an underline on my browser. Thats a 110w light according to the link. This will definitely get you used to led grow. You running 18hrs veg?
what do you mean by it will get me used to led grow? Is this light efficient for my need?

FirstTimer1

FirstTimer1

It's a Vivosun brand fan/filter combo kit. They don't have a great reputation here but I can say that from day 1 of using it, I have had zero odor issues. The wife is happy...which means I too am happy 😉✌️
I was looking at this too. Maybe ill use this first since it'll be a bit cheaper, which will make the wife happy!

crossfader

crossfader

Well I'd go with the Infinity if I could, it's a quality product. At the moment I'm on a budget as far as grow equipment and for the price it was a no brainer to go with Vivosun but I do believe Santa will leave an Infinity under our Xmas tree come December 😉

Top Bottom