First time growing, odd leaf

• Thread starter Sedris420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sedris420

So this is my first grow. I'm doing it indoors with a 5x5 grow tent, a spider farmer SF7000, a humidifier, heater, some fans, and a carbon filter exhaust. The plants have been doing well so far, I'm growing in locococo, and in 5 gallon fabric pots. I water every other day with general hydroponics floro bloom/grow/micro and cal mag with ph to 5-6 and then on the off days I water with regular water ph to 5-6.5. Stains are 3 random from a family member un fem, (front 2 and left 1). The back middle is Gelato fem and the back right is sunset sherbet fem. One of the random strain has been growing some weird leaves. Where they either curve or are shrivled. Also note I'm on day 31 of grow.

First time growing odd leaf
First time growing odd leaf 2
T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
below is quote from scientist at Utah university, he studies weed and grows weed for nasa.
99CD70A7 57AA 488B 92A8 CF91B283E2BD

keep mediums’ pH ~5.8-5.9 for best results

deformed leaves is not fine it’s a defamation and a sign that something is off

S

Sedris420

Started looking at the plants more and noticed some orange spotting on another plant and the leaves were droopy on almost all of them. I started researching everything and anything and it suddenly hit me that I should check my ph meter. Some how my ph meter was reading 1.0 higher than the actual ph. So Instead of the 5.5 I thought I was using the last week, it was 4.5... so I flushed the coco with water ph to 5.8 and I purchased some more calibration fluid for my meter.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

They are in soil. Attempting to mess with the pH can damage the plants.
Check your soil, does it have lime in it? Then it auto-adjusts the pH and theres little you can do about it.
You may be causing the very issue you are seeing.

S

Sedris420

They are in soil. Attempting to mess with the pH can damage the plants.
Check your soil, does it have lime in it? Then it auto-adjusts the pH and theres little you can do about it.
You may be causing the very issue you are seeing.
They are in coco. And the water I was using was a ph of 4.5 instead of the 5.5 my ph meter was reading as it must not have calibrated correctly.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
What nutrients you using? My gh trio buffers my water to near perfect. This helped me

Marijuana deficiency chart jorge cervantes
supadoopa2

supadoopa2

Did you ever do what they homie suggested? The plants look light stressed. No harm to maybe try 40% light for a couple days stead of 95%?
They look light stressed. Had the issue at beginning of my last grow. Turned lights to 40 % and problem solved

S

Sedris420

I would but sadly I do not have a lux meter. I have a par meter for my fish tank but it needs to be mounted to my controller to work so I can't use that either. I looked into light stress and it states that I should see the stress mainly in the top leaves but new growth looks fine. Since I fixed the ph I have seen some improvement in the plants but only slightly, my best grower did put on a nice bit of new growth though. Hopefully I see some more improvement over the next few days.

S

Sedris420

Definetly important to have a properly calibrated ph probe. Lesson learned.

Top Bottom