First time growing, using DIY DWC but have questions about nutes, H2O, etc.

• Thread starter mr_up
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cannabisabalism

You are going to have so much fun working out all the little quirks in your grow, good luck! If you encounter the problem I have with ph and find a solution let me know.

I too use a RDWC setup and have been for 2 years and love it, the problem I am having if it is a problem at all is the ph swing. My ph is around 5.7 the day of the water exchange and 4 days later it is down to like 4.8. My ppm's are around 900 which they stay pretty close to the entire week. it's the ph that always swings down on me. I usually just keep adding ph up to get back up to 5.7. Is this normal?

I don't mean to jump no your thread like this but I read the back and forth on ppm's and ph so was hoping I could get some imput. THnx

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

I kinda have the same sort of a question. Im running two identical CCH20, 16, 8 gallon bucket DWC systems with a 150 gallon "topping off resevoir" for each setup. My question is am mixing up my batch of nutrient to the control box and then going off the reading of the control box? OR, am I to be mixing up a batch of nutes in the topoff res, in addition to the total gallons contained within the hydro setup and let the nutes flow from the res?

I hope im not losing you in my explanation. I am just a little stuck because our new room is underground and the moving of water is a little different. We can now run our reverse osmosis hose into the underground room from topside only with this new setup I thought that I was to treat the entire unit as one:

Sensi in the net pots, nutes mixed into water accordingly by the sum of the buckets (and displacement of the 2" pipes) then let the system circulate.

At this time i would have the valve "closed" on the resevoir (topping off container) and mix the NEXT nute batch in the resevoir.

Turn floater valve line "ON".

DWC get the same mix amount from the resevoir into the whole system being that the resevoir is the same amount of gallons as the whole DWC system, including the control box...

PLEASE CRITICIZE!!!! I welcome all on the spot corrections in addition to better practiced opinions!!!

Thanks

TokenBlack

Latest posts

Top Bottom