First time growing

• Thread starter Jasereyn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jasereyn

Jasereyn

Hi all so this is my first plant I only did the one to teach myself the basics before trying any more, they are at their 8th week they are absolutely covered in pistils and you can see trichomes appearing, I need help with this bit haha when do I start to flush her ? And when will the pistils form into buds can anyone help ? and also how are they looking ? Iā€™m here to learn so no needless comments please, thanks Jase!!

First time growing
First time growing 2
First time growing 3
chemistry

chemistry

A couple of weeks left yet, you still have a lot of white hairs to left to fade.

Jasereyn

Jasereyn

I know dude was wondering at what point should I start to flush them and there doesnā€™t seem to be many actual buds Iā€™m new to growing and I was wondering do the pistils turn into buds or just turn orange / brown

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Some say when 10% of the triā€™s heads turn milky, some say 50%. Some say when the calyx swells and sucks in the hairs is when to flush.

some say flushing isnā€™t needed, some say otherwise.

best answer is in between somewhere.

Jasereyn

Jasereyn

Cheers guys šŸ‘šŸ» but all in all do you think they look healthy and on course ? Like I say this is my first so there a lot Im learning certainly learnt a hell of a lot along the way, great Iā€™ve found a forum I can get advice from and help when needed cheers again guys!

teejacks

teejacks

im no indoor expert but they look pretty good for a first go through dude. buds look a little bit small for now. lower leaves look a little droppy but everything is real green, just look after your over/under watering šŸ‘ i think indoors the quality of light really matters if you're looking for that big bud AAAA. many other factors as well... i think most people will flush around the two week mark but double check as there is no exact right and wrong. good job

Jasereyn

Jasereyn

im no indoor expert but they look pretty good for a first go through dude. buds look a little bit small for now. lower leaves look a little droppy but everything is real green, just look after your over/under watering šŸ‘ i think indoors the quality of light really matters if you're looking for that big bud AAAA. many other factors as well... i think most people will flush around the two week mark but double check as there is no exact right and wrong. good job
Cheers dude! And she has a LUNAR 600w led full spectrum light on a 12/12 hour light and dark and believe it or not this seed came out a bag of smoke (Had to wait to see if it was even female haha ) I have since recently purchased some from barneys farm, for next time. Iā€™ve enjoyed every minute of growing always wanted to do it!

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
They look really healthy bro, a little stretchy, but thatā€™s all in your training. But feeding wise it looks like youā€™re on point, very healthy looking

chemistry

chemistry

You look to have a nice sativa dom, nice smoke, but you could grow a beard down to your bollocks in the time it takes a sativa to finish flower. Nice plant though.šŸ˜‰

Jasereyn

Jasereyn

How
How do I determine between over and under watering please ?

Madmax

Madmax

Id say 5 weeks to go .buds appear to b only a couple weeks maybe a tad more.no need to flush bro.in the last couple weekd i stop using nutes and give them water to the end...

Overwatering your leaves will claw downwards and will starv your roots of oxtgen.sighs of underwatering is the petiole on the fan leaves that attaches to stem will b limp drooping and weak and cannot hold the leaf up ..the whole plant can droop..

Jasereyn

Jasereyn

Id say 5 weeks to go .buds appear to b only a couple weeks maybe a tad more.no need to flush bro.in the last couple weekd i stop using nutes and give them water to the end...

Overwatering your leaves will claw downwards and will starv your roots of oxtgen.sighs of underwatering is the petiole on the fan leaves that attaches to stem will b limp drooping and weak and cannot hold the leaf up ..the whole plant can droop..
Iā€™m that case Iā€™ve over watered I am feeding every couple of days how often would you suggest Iā€™m using coco coir And soil,

teejacks

teejacks

most people recommend sticking 2 either coco or peat and not mixing, especially on a first grow. i grow in peat and am able to let them dry out completely and not wrry too much. i feel the weight of the plant. whereas i think coco requires constant moisture and wont do so good when its dry. every 2-4 days watering seems alright. go with weight and looks and water each plant individually

Jasereyn

Jasereyn

most people recommend sticking 2 either coco or peat and not mixing, especially on a first grow. i grow in peat and am able to let them dry out completely and not wrry too much. i feel the weight of the plant. whereas i think coco requires constant moisture and wont do so good when its dry. every 2-4 days watering seems alright. go with weight and looks and water each plant individually
thanks Iā€™ll bare that in mind on the next one, I read it on a site that you can mix the two, and if Iā€™m honest mate I really didnā€™t put much coco in itā€™s about 20%coco and 80% Peat, when I first germinated I had an ā€œideaā€ of what to do but how wrong I was! Iā€™ve learnt so much along the way thanks again for the advice dude

Top Bottom