First Time Growing

• Thread starter Stan Halen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bonerface

What do you mean, it takes work to light proof them like what?
Taping stuff down?
I have a "vortex power fan" 5.5in and 7.5in fan, I might be good, I hope.

How do I start giving it nutes? should I follow the FF feeding schedule?
Or what? read the leaves?

thanks

Ya they aren't light proof for shit, I to take light proof sheeting that I had leftover from a past grow and wrapped it all around the tent with velcro for quick access. Light leaks everywhere in the tents. Im picky about light. If I can see my hand in front of my face its not dark enough. I can shine a 10million candle power spotlight all around my room and light can't penetrate. They do leak light tho. I hear the secret jardins are the best out of the box as far as light proofing goes.

For the nutes, hold off for 3 weeks from the date you planted them in the ffof. You had no roots to begin with so they wont suck up all of the nutrients in the soil for awhile. I would start your grow nutes after 3 weeks and start off with .5 mls of grow. Then bump it up .3 to .5 every feeding there after. You wont know how much your plants can take until you know how your strain grows so start off slow. I do a feed flush feed flush schedule. If your plants can take alot of nutes you can try feed feed flush. But you also have to know how salty your nutes are. Any update pics? They should be bouncing back by now, how are they looking?

B

bonerface

Almost forgot, I don't use fox farm nutes so my strength recommendations may not apply to yours. Always start slow if you don't know the strain your growing. Its better to cut it short then overfeed and fry the plant. If your leaves start yellowing that's the plant telling you that it needs food. Feed grow/nitrogen nutes. Leaf tips start burning, you are over feeding.

S

Stan Halen

yeah man I got some pics, they are doing a lot better, (most of them) one of them is not gunna make it, i think.

I dunno what one is the one in the other pic, but whatever.

there doing better

little champions.

B

Bearsfather

Stan Halen, The soil still looks too dry. Give them a chance to simply grow, using plain water. After they're bigger, in a few weeks, then you can play with additives, nutrients, boosters, etc. Remember that winter time is a drought, the air is terribly dry, and as the plants become bigger, they need more water.

B

bonerface

The first looks ready for a watering but id hold off on the others if they were mine. Are you misting them? The leaves do look kind of dry, probably because the roots are still so small. Keep up the good work. Once new growth comes in they will look much better. Also that new growth is going to look lime green at first, then it will start to turn to a dark green. That's normal. Just an fyi.

B

bonerface

Also, don't give up yet on Any of them. I've seen clones look much shittier then your worst plant and they all came back with a vengance. My trainwreck looked so terrible when I first planted it, thought it was gonna die, it took off more then any other plant, almost threw it out because it was growing too tall. Tried to give it away but no luck. Finally I said f it and topped it during week 2 of flower (big no no everyone says) and hoped for the best. That plant is now the best plant in my room by far (and the others are all amazing as well) You never know what will happen, sit back and watch the grass grow!

S

Stan Halen

it is so nice watching it grow,
and it's keeping me out of trouble and off the streets.

So I got some free clones yesterday so I gladly added them to the family, (sad thing is all of them are bigger then a few of the old ones)
but one of them is starting to be not as yellow at the top, noticed it vaguely when i got it. here is 2 pictures.

What should I do? wait it out see how it is going?

I was looking thru deficiency pictures, and it did not really help me.

thanks for all the help internet. :yes

Purple Kush A Yellowish
Purple Kush a Yellowish 2
Melvan

Melvan

They were probably under a weaker light before you got them, looks like just a bit of heat stress. When you put plants under a stronger light it's a good idea to get them to the proper height from the light over 3-4 days time to get them use to the change in strength.

They should have been kept in a quarantine area for a few days too, just in case they have something that could be passed to your other plants, like pm or mites.

The leaves look wet, are you foliar feeding them, or did you spray for bugs? If you're spraying them with water, then putting them under the hot light you could also be "boiling" the leaves, kind of like you don't water your grass at high noon in July as the water heats up, cooks the blades, and kills the grass.

Freebies are always fun, do you know what strain they are?

S

Stan Halen

They are purple kush

and I don't let the temp down there get over 80 right now it's at a 76 with a nice cool breeze and 60% rh, but i guess I will move the hood up some more.

and I did just mist it when I took that, I will only mist them when they go to sleep then.

B

bonerface

They are fine bro, new growth is always lime green like that they will turn forest green as the leaf matures. Those look perfect. Don't make a habbit of adding new clones to an existing grow. You will run into issues. Clones carry all kinds of diseases and pests that can spread like wildfire. In your case I wouldn't worry but just food for thought for the future.

B

bonerface

They are purple kush

and I don't let the temp down there get over 80 right now it's at a 76 with a nice cool breeze and 60% rh, but i guess I will move the hood up some more.

and I did just mist it when I took that, I will only mist them when they go to sleep then.[/QUOTE

Cut that shit out asap, misting at night will bring on mildew, especially with your room being at 60% already. Mist as soon as the light comes on. Also water as soon as it comes on. You never want to let your plants be soaking wet in their night cycle.

S

Stan Halen

alright then, I guess I will stop doing that then.

They are doing awesome, growing hella quick, hopefully switch to vegging next week.

R

roboticucus

i agree whit bonerface about adding of clones. dont bother mate. u might think people are doin u a favour, but u could end up having nightmares. it happend 2 me. more the merrier i thought, 2 words spider mite. good luck mate

Latest posts

Top Bottom