First time harvest, need clarification

• Thread starter Newbie182
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbie182

It’s my first grow and I have harvest in a few weeks and I’m a little confused on the drying process. So after I cut the plants down whole, and I want to do a wet trim, do I just cut off the fan leaves from the branches and bud, then hang the plants for 7-10 days. Then then cut the buds off and trim them and jar them? Is my understanding of this correct?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Yeah cut the plant down whole place a branch through a hanger and hang it up. Trim all the larger fan leaves off and let it dry for 10 days then trim it up and jar it up.

E

elusiveshame

You’ll want to either use the “snap” method to determine if the plant is dry enough, or get a moisture meter (and use the soft wood setting).

Over drying is a thing, and this is the most important step - you don’t want to screw up all of that work you just put in. It’s not difficult to dry properly, but it’s not difficult to screw it up either.

For the snap method, YouTube Kyle Kushman drying (and really anything he has a video for is worth watching).

You can use jars of grove bags. Jars require burping and more attention while grove bags are fill them, seal them, and forget about them for a few weeks.

Good luck!!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Depending on how large the plant is. I start defoliating a day or 2 before cutting the plant down. I sit down beside it and remove all the leaves that I can then I cut the plant off at ground and hang it.
Then a little at I time I wet trim. Just to clean things up a bit. I dry in a metal shed so I have a muffin fan pulling humid air outside 24-7 until my buds are ready for final trim. I try very hard to keep my buds on the stalks as long as I can so I have big cola buds not all busted up and dried on screens.
I also grow outdoors so long flowering plants are being dried and trimmed in October, it's usually rainy and miserable where I am but the plants are just finishing up about that time so great care must be taken to keep mold and mildew at bay.

Bush
Def
Bud
E

elusiveshame

Depending on how large the plant is. I start defoliating a day or 2 before cutting the plant down. I sit down beside it and remove all the leaves that I can then I cut the plant off at ground and hang it.
Then a little at I time I wet trim. Just to clean things up a bit. I dry in a metal shed so I have a muffin fan pulling humid air outside 24-7 until my buds are ready for final trim. I try very hard to keep my buds on the stalks as long as I can so I have big cola buds not all busted up and dried on screens.
I also grow outdoors so long flowering plants are being dried and trimmed in October, it's usually rainy and miserable where I am but the plants are just finishing up about that time so great care must be taken to keep mold and mildew at bay.
That’s some bush you got there 😏

Top Bottom