First time having twisted leaves like this

• Thread starter Bitters420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bitters420

Bitters420

Soil- FF Ocean Forest
Nutes- 3 part general hydroponics
Lights- marshydro t1000 and kingbrite 288 QB in 4x4 tent set 16-24" away.
Temps- lights on 83 lights off 77
Seeds- Elev8 Gorilla Cookies

Edit: watering ph is 6.2 runoff is 6.1

Newer top growth is starting to twist and curl a little bit on 2 plants.

Noticed a couple of bite spots from bugs.
I have scoped all plants and found 5 thrips. I used Jack's as foliar and also some sns 209 for a drench 3 times.

No more bugs on scope. 1 week goes by after that, and newer growth starts this shit on me.
Also to note, I had just added kingbrite led to tent 2 days after twisting started.

Scoped roots and didn't see anything but white healthy roots.

First time having twisted leaves like this
Last edited:
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Soil- FF Ocean Forest

I have scoped all plants and found 5 thrips. I used Jack's as foliar and also some sns 209 for a drench 3 times.

No more bugs on scope. 1 week goes by after that, and newer growth starts this shit on me.
Also to note, I had just added kingbrite led to tent 2 days after twisting started.

I have some twist and taco curl going on also. Gonna hang around for this one if you don't mind.

20200903 201259
20200903 201238
20200903 160106
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have used these before, without any issue. I have 7 other plants (3 Gorilla Cookies, 3 mystery freebies, and 2 autoflowers.) and and only 2 of the Gorilla Cookies are showing this.
I would start looking at temps, wind and RH.

It kinda looks like a touch of all 3 combined.

Its may be a touch of light stress too. Because of the previous. The plant may be trying to reduce light capture.

Bitters420

Bitters420

+1

Twisted new growth = check for mites first

So, I checked almost every single leaf in my tent. Only came across 4 dead bugs, no live. Hopefully the sns209 and Jack's did the trick, but why would the new growth still be twisting if bugs are dead?
Checked around roots and found nada.

20 09 04 132325
20 09 04 132530
20 09 04 135002
20 09 04 135111
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Soil- FF Ocean Forest

First lower light levels while they are showing stress. The added light makes it all progress faster.

You didnt say what you fed and what ec in and out. the ph being lower is an indication of too much nutes sometimes although 1 point isnt much off yet.

Bitters420

Bitters420

First lower light levels while they are showing stress. The added light makes it all progress faster.

You didnt say what you fed and what ec in and out. the ph being lower is an indication of too much nutes sometimes although 1 point isnt much off yet.
I currently am without an ec pen. Mine took a crap on me 3 weeks ago and 4 of the local grow stores have been out. Ph is on low end just because I have been used to feeding between 6.2 and 6.6.
I am doing a light feeding schedule of (GH) armourSi-1ml, calimagic-4ml, micro-2ml, grow-3ml, and bloom-1ml per gallon.
That is the lowest I usually go. Plus you know being in OF has plenty of nutes for a few weeks. These were recently transplanted 2 weeks ago, as well.

Bitters420

Bitters420

I am doing a feed, water, water with recharge, feed. Water about every 3 days.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I currently am without an ec pen. Mine took a crap on me 3 weeks ago and 4 of the local grow stores have been out. Ph is on low end just because I have been used to feeding between 6.2 and 6.6.
I am doing a light feeding schedule of (GH) armourSi-1ml, calimagic-4ml, micro-2ml, grow-3ml, and bloom-1ml per gallon.
That is the lowest I usually go. Plus you know being in OF has plenty of nutes for a few weeks. These were recently transplanted 2 weeks ago, as well.

I am guessing of course but i think the cal mag is excessive. Especially with fresh even 2 week old ocean forest. I got twisty leaves leading to spots and stripes every time i fed too early in of. And i never needed extra cal mag but i use well water. So maybe too early on the feed too?

Without a meter its hard to know.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

This looks like russet mites. Have you scoped your leaves?
No scope but i do see cluster of white spots. Feeding points of spider mites I thought. Approx two weeks and 3 Dr Zymes treatments and still a few random clusters. The heat stress makes some sense as they are within 12" of light. I raised and dimmed the light to 75%. Veg not showing any spots but taco leaves. Russets you say? Flower tent still has the spots.

Bitters420

Bitters420

I dimmed the new qb to around 25%. I had it just over 50%. Hopefully, that will help.

Top Bottom