First Time in Coco-Coir Need Some Help ( questions )

• Thread starter mkultra999
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mkultra999

mkultra999

So sup growers, I got few questions to ask about coco, I am switching from organics to coco coir (not my thing now that I know)
Basically I did a few runs about 4 in total and the last 3 where bad buds like full of nutes.

And I said I am gonna give coco a chance
So right away am going to ask some questions,
if any help or tips can come my way and hope that helps me and each other thanks in advanced.

Q:
1: feeding
If I want to grow more weeks in veg do I feed 100ppm more every week,
example 6 week veg is 650ppm and next week it is 750ppm and so up?

2: watering in a big pot (5 galon)
First I will spray R.O 5.8ph for germination in coco directly and after it sprouts I wil be feed spraying about 20ml (150ppm) (lights on) then I second spray 20ml 0-10ppm just R.O (10h after lights on)
till I can get a run-off? Is it a good thing or is there any better watering practices remeber that this is in a 5 galon pot.

3: run-off / watering
When can I get a run-off in a bigger pot (5 galon)?
/
Do I keep the coco wet, damp, or can is there a sweet spot?

See y all soon hopefully
Love

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Pop over to Coco For Cannabis and read everything.
Although you can buy washed and buffered Coco. I'd suggest you wash and buffer your own.
R.O water has been stripped of mineral content. Your plant requires these minerals don't use it.
If you have bad water figure out how to collect rain water. Filter pond water what ever.

Deside what nutrients line you want to use. Fallow the directions precisely! Most of the Coco growers in the forum will tell you that directed amounts are a little hot. Believe them. Measure very carefully. Log everything and keep the light up in the top of your tent. 30" about 65% power.

Feeding Q-1 No
Watering your Coco

or

A little to think about.

Choppr

Choppr

You need to use a premium Coco, most premiums dont need buffering or washing. (cannacoco, cocobliss etc) If hydrating a pressed block or hydrating dry Coco, mix up a gal of water at a time pH'd to 5.6 add Cal/Mag to the max recommended on your bottle (if it says 2-4 mils/gal ) use 4 ml, Premoisten all of the Coco use your hands and slowly add your water squeeze it in and dont over wet it (squeeze it into a ball, it should hold its shape but break apart freely when you flick with a finger) if its dripping when you squeeze it its too wet add more dry coco) after its all premoistened add #3 Perlite 60/40 or *55/45 - I like faster draining/drying I use the 55/45. Fill your Pots, Plant your seeds or sprouts, after emergence, use spring water, only an ounce or 2, *dont water at the stem or they will dampen-off and die. stay a 1/2" inch away from the stem water in a circle around them. If you moistened your coco properly, they will not need a lot of water the 1st week (1-3 oz every couple days) because the pot is already moistened-out. Right-On
any more questions hit me up!

H

hooterjh101

I second cocoforcannabis.com

Dr. MJ Coco is a wealth of knowledge and all of your questions above will be answered by reading his tutorials.

Top Bottom