First Time In Coco Yellowing And Understanding Canna Grow Guide

• Thread starter Cannie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cannie

First thing, I’d dump that C99 after this run. The 90 degree branching gets old quick. Never enjoyed growing a C99 cross. I have one right now and I can’t wait till it is done. Canna is very easy. 5ml ab, cannazym, 5-8 rhizo first couple of weeks after it has established roots and gets transplanted. Then basically 10ml ab, cannazym, 2-3ml rhizo till flower. If the stalks are purple add more b. Don’t waste your money or PPM/EC on CalMag. Flower 10-15 ml of everything except rhizo @ 2ml. Personally I use PK for 3 weeks @6ml. The week they tell you to use it, use it the week before and after. So an 8 weeks grow, week 5,6,7, hit them with PK. I’d also check the veg runoff because canna coco coir’s buffer sucks. It always comes in .4 lower in the beginning, I found this out a year ago by accident. I haven’t experimented with another brand so YMMV. I always start canna with canna coco coir at 6.4. Get a jump on it straight away. You can and will suffocate seedling roots in coco if you water it too much. I didn’t see your container size, but in the 1L I’m only feeding 200ml till they start drinking, maybe 400ml when they start drinking. Then700-750ml, and then at that rate if they need to be watered twice a day they do into a larger container.

@RooR5mm Thanks for that.
Glad to be of help. Yes no need to have fears. Coco is much easier to grow in than a lot of people think. Just keep it simple and consistent :smoking:. Canna A/B is good stuff.

I’m about to grow a sativa dom hybrid or so outside this year. I’ve been missing the upbeat energy sativa provides.

I see you got some nice seeds there.

I envy your roots @justiceman pure mind blowing!

C

Cannie

First thing, I’d dump that C99 after this run. The 90 degree branching gets old quick. Never enjoyed growing a C99 cross. I have one right now and I can’t wait till it is done. Canna is very easy. 5ml ab, cannazym, 5-8 rhizo first couple of weeks after it has established roots and gets transplanted. Then basically 10ml ab, cannazym, 2-3ml rhizo till flower. If the stalks are purple add more b. Don’t waste your money or PPM/EC on CalMag. Flower 10-15 ml of everything except rhizo @ 2ml. Personally I use PK for 3 weeks @6ml. The week they tell you to use it, use it the week before and after. So an 8 weeks grow, week 5,6,7, hit them with PK. I’d also check the veg runoff because canna coco coir’s buffer sucks. It always comes in .4 lower in the beginning, I found this out a year ago by accident. I haven’t experimented with another brand so YMMV. I always start canna with canna coco coir at 6.4. Get a jump on it straight away. You can and will suffocate seedling roots in coco if you water it too much. I didn’t see your container size, but in the 1L I’m only feeding 200ml till they start drinking, maybe 400ml when they start drinking. Then700-750ml, and then at that rate if they need to be watered twice a day they do into a larger container.

@RooR5mm thanks for that. I do not have a EC meter reader so I am living dangerously....spent so much $$"s this time round on crap so hoping hot to have to buy anything else that's costly...perhaps next season.
I am in 9.5 pots with about 8 litres of Coco in each. Yes wrong kind of pots...I need those breathable grow bags thingies but like I said, I knew so little about Coco and someone said...'blah blah blah aand off ya go', so I did. Yet another mistake I won't make next run.

I am only using the Canna Coco Part A and B feed. The Coco is Cyco Coco not Canna. Thinking of getting Rhizo tomorrow - small 250ml to try and see if any difference.

I understand you saying about the amount of liquid in the pot or how wet the Coco is. I worked that out yesterday as the Coco was still quite wet as a little appeared between my fingers when I squeezed some. Yesterday I fed 1.85ml Part A and B in 1.5 litres of PH water and ONLY water about quarter of a cup into the rockwool in the hope that the Coco would lessen it's dampness a little. This morning I believe there has been some growth overnight. so Nothing adverse happened from watering 3 days in a row. I am just not watering the entire pot as I did orginally to run off. I will do this when I start to see some root mass and they start to suck up more in a 24 hour period.
I’ve played with smart pots but not airpots yet. I’ve been messing around with coco hempy’s as of late. It’s been real fun!
View attachment 805171 View attachment 805172 View attachment 805173 View attachment 805174
The only time I’ve messed up seedlings is when I saturated the coco and waited too long to renew the oxygen levels allowing them to go stagnant and rot out.

Ah I see so Rhizo is fairly concentrated. That definitely makes it a bit more affordable than I thought.

OMG SEE THAT ROOT MASS!!

C

Cannie

Oh dear here we go again...what is the most reasonably priced and reliable EC meter...are they difficult to use? I feel I may have trouble with wet coco in the plastic pots I have :(

C

Cannie

What's PK @RooR5mm ?

The other question I also now have is will that Coco in the rest of the pot be ok while I only water around the rockwool until I get some rot mass?
I have to water in some more Nematodes today so the entire pot will be watered with PH water, a weak solution of Part A and B till run off then the nematodes.
I have to get those nematodes in there as yesterday was day 10 since the first drench (recommended was 7-10 for the second drench) or I won't boom those little bast***s cycle. I hate those gnarly little fliers and I am CONSTANTLY on the lookout!

C

Cannie

I think I might just relax and watch a bit more, continue to do what I'm doing and watch some more.
Nobody panic! :D
Thanks to all for the postings, it's helped me shitloads.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

You don’t need an EC meter right now if you follow the Canna or my recommended feeding schedule. Even with horrible tap water you aren’t likely going to be over. I’d put away a few bucks every week and buy one by Bluelab for the next turn. They are more expensive than a 20 dollar meter, no more 65-70 dollars on Amazon, I don’t know how much you get banged out with VAT. With measuring devices you truly get what you pay for. Always buy calibration fluids for both pens 7.0 and 4.0 for PH. Calibrate them once a month at least till you get more comfortable and experience in the garden. PK 13/14 is the name of their bloom booster/flower hardener. That you are only using for 3 weeks at 6ml a gal. It goes a long way so with 2 gallon pots you you’d probably only need a 250ml bottle to get you through the first run. Keep the area around the grow space clean and dry out saucers after watering. The grow is small so their is absolutely no excuse not too. Don’t wear shoes from the outside and clothes around your plants if at all possible. Wash your hands when you come home before handling plants. Do not place plants on or around carpet. Don’t let your friends handle them. Keep pets away from them. Knock on wood but all I see on these forums are new growers with bugs. It is insane imo, any time I have had bugs (fungus gnats for me) is if I mess up and am being lazy by not vacuuming excess still water. Their isn’t much more you can do but let Mother Nature take her course, water the plants, keep the space clean and maintain your equipment. Be patient, don’t rush stuff, have fun, and see what you get in 2 months. Good luck.

stutter

stutter

justiceman is putting you on the right track mate, follow his advice and you will do well. i just read through and nothing to say except what he has already said

C

Cannie

You don’t need an EC meter right now if you follow the Canna or my recommended feeding schedule. Even with horrible tap water you aren’t likely going to be over. I’d put away a few bucks every week and buy one by Bluelab for the next turn. They are more expensive than a 20 dollar meter, no more 65-70 dollars on Amazon, I don’t know how much you get banged out with VAT. With measuring devices you truly get what you pay for. Always buy calibration fluids for both pens 7.0 and 4.0 for PH. Calibrate them once a month at least till you get more comfortable and experience in the garden. PK 13/14 is the name of their bloom booster/flower hardener. That you are only using for 3 weeks at 6ml a gal. It goes a long way so with 2 gallon pots you you’d probably only need a 250ml bottle to get you through the first run. Keep the area around the grow space clean and dry out saucers after watering. The grow is small so their is absolutely no excuse not too. Don’t wear shoes from the outside and clothes around your plants if at all possible. Wash your hands when you come home before handling plants. Do not place plants on or around carpet. Don’t let your friends handle them. Keep pets away from them. Knock on wood but all I see on these forums are new growers with bugs. It is insane imo, any time I have had bugs (fungus gnats for me) is if I mess up and am being lazy by not vacuuming excess still water. Their isn’t much more you can do but let Mother Nature take her course, water the plants, keep the space clean and maintain your equipment. Be patient, don’t rush stuff, have fun, and see what you get in 2 months. Good luck.

Yes thank you @RooR5mm . Re Gnats yes I will keep everything clean and trays dry - The beneficial Nematodes are great and reasonably priced for a great job well done. I think initially they came off the house plants but those houseplants also now have beneficial nematodes too :D. Certainly fixed or maintaining the issue - touch wood.
Today was a flush day and I stuffed it up with giving way tooooooo much nutes so I assumed a flush with PH water and start again would do the trick.
So water from backside to breakfast time to flush flush flush and start again I did.
Hope this was the right thing to do? It only seemed the logical thing to do to avoid nute burn. The next few days will tell.
I also acquired some Rhizo - poooo-weee stinky made of fish? and WAY expensive - so lets see if that doesn't speed up things a little.
I now understand why people use a draining kinda set up...might rethink for next time. I'll be over it before it begins at this rate lol.

Things look fine today and everything looks healthy AND I am definetly getting used to the damp wet grow medium without going into an anxiety attack.

Thanks Guys :D

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Yes thank you @RooR5mm . Re Gnats yes I will keep everything clean and trays dry - The beneficial Nematodes are great and reasonably priced for a great job well done. I think initially they came off the house plants but those houseplants also now have beneficial nematodes too :D. Certainly fixed or maintaining the issue - touch wood.
Today was a flush day and I stuffed it up with giving way tooooooo much nutes so I assumed a flush with PH water and start again would do the trick.
So water from backside to breakfast time to flush flush flush and start again I did.
Hope this was the right thing to do? It only seemed the logical thing to do to avoid nute burn. The next few days will tell.
I also acquired some Rhizo - poooo-weee stinky made of fish? and WAY expensive - so lets see if that doesn't speed up things a little.
I now understand why people use a draining kinda set up...might rethink for next time. I'll be over it before it begins at this rate lol.

Things look fine today and everything looks healthy AND I am definetly getting used to the damp wet grow medium without going into an anxiety attack.

Thanks Guys :D
I won’t care for houseplants due to possible hitchhikers. I’ll start seedlings indoors that will go outside for the spring/summer. That Rhizo will turn you nose right!?!? Sometimes I can’t smell it then sometimes when my nose hits it just right I’m like whoa that is some stinky stuff. FYI, don’t flush Canna during your run, unless you over fed by accident. If you have to flush do it, then hit them with your feeding solution. The only time I’d use clear water during the run is if I’m tired and don’t have nutes mixed or enough RO water ready, totally my fault.
You can eBay or Amazon a set of Scientific Glass Graduated Cylinder, plastic is totally fine. Don’t pour nutes into the same measuring device without rinsing it in the solution you are mixing. It will be diluted and safe to measure in the same container. That will help you from giving too much nutes. Don’t put nutes back into the bottle, put it to the side and save it for later.
Try to water them at the same time everyday for best results. Anytime from one hour max is ok before lights come on depending on your schedule. I water 1/2 hour before light come on. By the time I’m done doing whatever I’m doing the lights come on then I can do a quick inspection of the room. Then I’m good to work on another room.
The more runs you get in the more you’ll get the feel of the weight of the wet and “dry” pot. It is hard to overwater coco like Justice was saying.

C

Cannie

thanks @RooR5mm I hear ya and point(s) taken. I appreciate your guidance :)
I won’t care for houseplants due to possible hitchhikers. I’ll start seedlings indoors that will go outside for the spring/summer. That Rhizo will turn you nose right!?!? Sometimes I can’t smell it then sometimes when my nose hits it just right I’m like whoa that is some stinky stuff. FYI, don’t flush Canna during your run, unless you over fed by accident. If you have to flush do it, then hit them with your feeding solution. The only time I’d use clear water during the run is if I’m tired and don’t have nutes mixed or enough RO water ready, totally my fault.
You can eBay or Amazon a set of Scientific Glass Graduated Cylinder, plastic is totally fine. Don’t pour nutes into the same measuring device without rinsing it in the solution you are mixing. It will be diluted and safe to measure in the same container. That will help you from giving too much nutes. Don’t put nutes back into the bottle, put it to the side and save it for later.
Try to water them at the same time everyday for best results. Anytime from one hour max is ok before lights come on depending on your schedule. I water 1/2 hour before light come on. By the time I’m done doing whatever I’m doing the lights come on then I can do a quick inspection of the room. Then I’m good to work on another room.
The more runs you get in the more you’ll get the feel of the weight of the wet and “dry” pot. It is hard to overwater coco like Justice was saying.

oh BTW @RooR5mm I did use nutes and nematodes AFTER the PH water flush to correct the 'way to much' nutes by accident.
So everyone can relax, I'm doing ok thus far lol

Top Bottom