First time indoor grow

• Thread starter SyLane0988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SyLane0988

SyLane0988

That should work. Honestly, if your pH looks good after watering today (you are checking runoff, right?) when it was previously off, I bet she already looks at least somewhat better tomorrow morning.
Yes, my ph has been good before and then I made the mistake of not checking it the last couple of waterings, assuming the ph was still good, and then started seeing the issue after the last watering. So I’ll be checking my ph every time now, including checking the run off. The only thing that slightly confuses me, is if my watering ph is good, but the run off is off, how do I adjust that so that my run off is at the right ph as well?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yes, my ph has been good before and then I made the mistake of not checking it the last couple of waterings, assuming the ph was still good, and then started seeing the issue after the last watering. So I’ll be checking my ph every time now, including checking the run off. The only thing that slightly confuses me, is if my watering ph is good, but the run off is off, how do I adjust that so that my run off is at the right ph as well?
If the run off is bad but your input is good then you have something in the soil throwing things off. The answer is usually to flush it out with good pH water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree with @Milson he got ya covered.

The soil makeup or source water can have an effect on the ph.

Also looking a bit overwatered and that can also affect calcium and general nutrient uptake.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Also looking a bit overwatered and that can also affect calcium and general nutrient uptake.
Thank you as well! She was just watered so I’m thinking that’s why she looks overwatered. I always wait until the soil is dry up to my first knuckle but I think that on top of the ph being off, it through everything off. I’m going to Adjust the water ph, water her, and then test the ph of her run off And see where I’m at. Possibly flush her with the ph’d water if needed :/

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

Honestly man I kept thinking to myself "boy I hope someone jumps in who knows more about this to confirm."

So thank you for jumping in!

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Update: she is looking much better after flushing her with ph’d water. I did add half a dose of the cal-mag as I was still seeing some
5F8167C4 0C6C 4D01 8BE7 652FC2817949
more rust spots after flushing. But today she looks healthier and the leaves are no longer curling down, no new burned tips, and I’m not seeing more of the brown rust spots. Tomorrow will be 8 weeks that she has been in veg, I’m thinking she needs at least another week in veg before switching her to flower though.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

8 weeks in veg as of yesterday. Still giving her some time to recover before flipping her to flower. I reported her in a much bigger pot as well and it seems to be helping her recover along with the flushing with ph’d water.
5FBCB8FC B5EF 44AB A7B0 17A1FCF91022

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

Flipped her to flower 2 days ago! I noticed some of the lower leaves that are heavily shaded we’re starting to die off so I pruned her a little bit. Overall I think she’s doing well.
60B01C3B 6F09 4F1D B3DD 7E418ECE5B2D
35C9C6ED 0D99 455F 95DA BFE765C2A473

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

She's beautiful. Time to stretch!!!
Thank you! Should I be concerned about some of the lowest leaves starting to curl and die? They are completely shaded and at the bottom of the plant so I’m hoping that’s normal as more effort is being put into the top of the plant now. But I’m totally unsure 😬

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thank you! Should I be concerned about some of the lowest leaves starting to curl and die? They are completely shaded and at the bottom of the plant so I’m hoping that’s normal as more effort is being put into the top of the plant now. But I’m totally unsure 😬
No, do not be concerned. Honestly, just assume she knows what she's doing for a little bit is my recommendation. If you see her starting to do something herself, then by all means help it along (pruning yellowing lower growth, etc). But unless new growth or growth toward your best budding sites is showing stress, I would sit tight and watch a bit.

That's just me though.

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

No, do not be concerned. Honestly, just assume she knows what she's doing for a little bit is my recommendation. If you see her starting to do something herself, then by all means help it along (pruning yellowing lower growth, etc). But unless new growth or growth toward your best budding sites is showing stress, I would sit tight and watch a bit.

That's just me though.
That’s awesome, thank you! I’ll just chill and let her do her thing and reach out for advice if I see anything concerning!

SyLane0988

SyLane0988

1 week in flower today! I definitely noticed a more intense smell today and I’m not mad about it 😂 Shes looking really good so far!
78E98717 5514 460E 8E78 756C9A5F4CD0

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
1 week in flower today! I definitely noticed a more intense smell today and I’m not mad about it 😂 Shes looking really good so far!View attachment 1018686
Yay! Be sure you are giving her enough nutes the next week or two. She should be really thirsty during the stretch. Make sure to keep including a good level of nitrogen at least until the stretch is over rather than going full bloom formula (not sure what you are running...this is just general advice because some people cut nitrogen too early because they don't realize its importance during the stretch).

But again, she looks really nice. I just thought of that a while ago and thought I'd mention it while I was here lol.

Top Bottom