First Time Legal

• Thread starter GreenHouser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenHouser

GreenHouser

We literally live in the woods and have a Polaris ranger I ride everyday from cruising trails to hauling compost for the girls, joyriding in the snow, etc.
sounds like fun, got a sled for the winter.gotta have one around here. The buggy only sees the sun. I'm trying to convince the misses we need a quad so I can plow with it ha ha ha

TrubldBreeze

TrubldBreeze

Good job on the video! Kudos to you for making one. :) Your plants look healthy. :) Is your hoophouse in a sunny location? The one thing I noticed is that the node spacing seems very far apart and they look stretchy. I'm a new grower, not criticizing in the least. Just trying to think about how to make your space work better for you. :D

Ecompost

Ecompost

Also I had a deal show up in front of me at the local family farm home store. I walk in an on a little shelf all by themselves sit the trio pack from fox farm an a bag of guano. I knew it was weird right away as this store dont carry things like this. So i walk up and see a $2.00 price tag on all of them. I grabbed them an paid, at the register they didnt scan as they dont carry them. The cashier just punched in the $2.00 price. then said ive never seen these. I looked for more but to no avail. Im doing the organic an tea myself so only one will work an the guano, however I may do the one plant i still need with a ff nute sided by side for fun. Just something to keep me busy.
deal :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

Okay heres an update, weather has started to warm up as of the last four or five days. Well let me specify, weather has been above freezing at night and mid 50's low 60's. My other pay attention to plants are doing well also. Planted an set up garden as well. I water everything outdoor with rain water and or composted teas. I snapped a couple pics of how I collect it, an my half horse pump that runs it. Nothing high tech an prolly not that pleasing on the eye. However its been more than effective an cost friendly. Just a lil glimpse around hoophouse land. Thanks
are the cups for scale? :-)

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

HONESTLY......i have no idea?!?! Good point, well....when we bought the house 3years ago the yard ended at the existing split rail. I wanted a garden etc etc so I had to cultivate the woods. I'll show you pics for better understanding. I don't consider myself a tree hugger but I don't like killing or wasting anything as a result of some life occurrence's. So I cut down the trees an made a pergola n benches an a fence, an posts as not to waste the wood. Any swinging dick can cut up firewood, when it old then I'll have a fire. Lol so I had to make my own little spot from scratch. I don't really wanna take any more down. Sad i know. Bit u bring up a good point. I know next year I'm going to make taller an bigger.

Wp ss 20160725 0004
Wp ss 20160725 0005
Wp ss 20160725 0006
TrubldBreeze

TrubldBreeze

HONESTLY......i have no idea?!?! Good point, well....when we bought the house 3years ago the yard ended at the existing split rail. I wanted a garden etc etc so I had to cultivate the woods. I'll show you pics for better understanding. I don't consider myself a tree hugger but I don't like killing or wasting anything as a result of some life occurrence's. So I cut down the trees an made a pergola n benches an a fence, an posts as not to waste the wood. Any swinging dick can cut up firewood, when it old then I'll have a fire. Lol so I had to make my own little spot from scratch. I don't really wanna take any more down. Sad i know. Bit u bring up a good point. I know next year I'm going to make taller an bigger.

That's beautiful, so peaceful. :) Talent!

Do you pinch your stems? If you pinch the stalk every time a new bit grows above a node it slows the stretch and strengthens the stem also. :)

TrubldBreeze

TrubldBreeze

so u can kinda see what it was like on other side of split rail 3 years ago this November. Lil work, but not if u like it, as for esthetics'. I'm country an tight fisted ha ha

Looks good to me :) Is that all the sun the plants get though? Or does it get brighter as the day wears on?

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

I cut 15 trees down 3 years ago for more sun, but I just could not cut this one big oak . but every morning at 10 am that tree would shade my grow for an hour. So down came the oak. I just could not justify losing an hour of sun every day. I am good now until October when the sun travels farther south . But I'm done cutting trees . My back and my wife said I am all done cutting trees.

TrubldBreeze

TrubldBreeze

I haven't pinched a thing, I jus bend em carefuly when they goin where there not supposed to be

Haha, @Moto has me pinching everything. :) You just pretend like your thumb and finger are a pair of pliers and pinch until you feel a "pop" in the stem and it will soften up and go limp. By the next day they are recovering and that spot on the stem will get extra tough and fibrous.
It sounded like you have a lot of air movement in there which is good! :)

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I cut 15 trees down 3 years ago for more sun, but I just could not cut this one big oak . but every morning at 10 am that tree would shade my grow for an hour. So down came the oak. I just could not justify losing an hour of sun every day. I am good now until October when the sun travels farther south . But I'm done cutting trees . My back and my wife said I am all done cutting trees.
see ill move my stuff b4 I cut down any more. I just feel there more important than my stuff. To each there own. I jus can't.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Its hopeless ! I have literally been reading an searching online for the last two hours and I have found nothing that even comes close or is along the line. Im not talking of growing cannabis in a hoophouse, Im talking of all the advice an guidelines are ALL OPPOSITE of what im experiencing. First I have no ventilation, that was intentional as to conserve heat at night. I have no fans blowing in or out. This is because i have no electric ran out to the backyard. My temps after 10 am climb until they hit 95-110 F. Depending on how direct the sun. Then at night it gets into the upper 30's to mid 40's. In the early morning the hoophouse is super clear an u can almost see straight in. By 10 am its foggy with condensation dripping. No matter the time of day the humidity stays between 42-47% on the regular. This goes against all kinds of docs an self reads. Im puzzled but until the ladies show me different NOTHING IS CHANGING. Everytime i take a peak in there, its hot as hell an there all prayin. No signs of stress, curling, notta !!!! Ill continue to chart an make my own notes...............
you are planted in the local soil? This has locally adjusted microbes yes? You may wel get away with this now, may be the condensation will only become a trick once you get blooms, you are pages on so we will see as I read more LOL :-) I am just proposing that biology is the reason you are winning right now. Resonant biology that has evolved methods and biomes to manage the fluctuations of the local environment?

Top Bottom