First Time, Need Help!

• Thread starter NOsauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NOsauce

NOsauce

Hello my friends! I am a first timer posting on here but I am having issues and cant seem to find the help I need solely from reading.

I have two different strains I am working with. A Purple Master Kush strain and a Skywalker OG strain. Both are the same age (approx. 1 month old). I am using Heavy 16 nutrient line along with Cal Mag from General Hydroponics. I'm running Coco Coir with a small amount of perlite (I believe I didnt use enough for proper drainage as I dont really get much or any runoff.

The Skywalker OG seems to be doing just fine and they are all bushing up nicely. Its the Master Kush I am having the issues with. I am colorblind so this adds a level of difficulty when trying to diagnose the problems. The Master Kush seems to react to the Heavy 16 nutes with nitrogen burn, this I could tell pretty easily as the first time I went full dosage the leaves curled and yellowed at the tips, the center of the leaves went darker.

When I flush the newer leaves turn quite yellow and curl in strange ways. I will attach photos of this. I am not sure If I am flushing properly as I dont really get runoff. Please take a look at the photos and let me know what your potential diagnosis is, Thanks!!!

Pic 1 Master
Pic 2 Master
Pic 3 Skywalker OG

Purple master kushjpg
Purple master kush 2jpg
Skywalker ogjpg
NOsauce

NOsauce

Thank you so much ShroomKing! I guess I am just overthinking it, the peace of mind you've given me is a huge help! I get pretty worried about color since I can't see green (unfortunately!).

I will cut down on the cal/mag as I have been using it every feeding. I was feeding everyday but they were clearly being over watered so I do every other day and they just love it.

I've always read mixed numbers on PH. What is the ideal range I should be alternating? Currently I range from 5.0-6.5

I can't thank you enough!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Thank you so much ShroomKing! I guess I am just overthinking it, the peace of mind you've given me is a huge help! I get pretty worried about color since I can't see green (unfortunately!).

I will cut down on the cal/mag as I have been using it every feeding. I was feeding everyday but they were clearly being over watered so I do every other day and they just love it.

I've always read mixed numbers on PH. What is the ideal range I should be alternating? Currently I range from 5.0-6.5

I can't thank you enough!
6.2 to 6.8 is a good range. 5 is a tad low. But I'm a soil guy, not experienced w coco. But good luck!

Bannacis

Bannacis

You said you're flushing ,but not getting much run off... rule of thumb...water at least 3 times amount your pot can hold. For a proper flush you need a good amount of run off. when applying nutes for first time always go half strength and work your way up. with you new leaf curl being affected by full blast of nutrients. def let them use what you have fed them, so just plain water as needed. but let the soil dry out some before watering.

NOsauce

NOsauce

Thanks you as well Bannacis.

I see I definitely didn't flush correctly either. I will just use clean oxygenated water for the next couple feedings until I see improvement. Then I will go back to a more watered down nutrient solution.

I've looked a little further into PH and I think I will adjust my range slightly up. Probably 5.3 to 6.5.

Man I love this forum!

NOsauce

NOsauce

With coco your pH should be around 5.5-6.0 with 5.8 being the sweet spot.
And your plants don't look bad at all.

Keep it green!

Perfect! Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the compliment to my kids!

G gnome

G gnome

You should def be getting runoff w that mix. 10%-20% run off for a normal watering. Be careful using plain water w coco. I would flush then add diluted nutrient solution immediately after.

NOsauce

NOsauce

Good advise G Gnome.

I agree there needs to be at least a small amount of food. I heard something about adding a small amount of Epsom salt to the flush water to really clean the locked up nutes.

I'll post another picture soon, since it's Mother's Day I can't get one at the moment. The Masters are having an excellent response to the flush and the diluted solution after. A little under 200ppm in the latest mix.

The Skywalkers are eating the heck out of a full dose. They are looking amazing. Just FIM'd them as well.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother plants out there! Southern Cali is the place to be!

Brenda90

Brenda90

It's an issue with PH scale as far as I know. You need to make sure your watering is all right and PH is around 6. Sorry, I don't know the details yet how to keep the PH scale together.

Top Bottom