First time noob and not sure if time to harvest. (I'm clueless)

• Thread starter JonezyMalone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JonezyMalone

JonezyMalone

I have no idea what i'm doing tbh, i got some seeds from some weed and planted them in the greenhouse and now i don't know if its time to harvest or what.

I'll attach what pictures i can, any advice would be so awesome

First time noob and not sure if time to harvest im clueless
First time noob and not sure if time to harvest im clueless 2
First time noob and not sure if time to harvest im clueless 3
First time noob and not sure if time to harvest im clueless 4
First time noob and not sure if time to harvest im clueless 5
First time noob and not sure if time to harvest im clueless 6
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Nice looking plant!s.
So fill us in a bit. What material are they planted in.
What have you been feeding them? How much, how often?
Do you add a bloom booster fertilizer?

From what I see you have a little ways to go. But it's hard to tell from these pictures.
Can you post a couple nice closeups of buds. When the sun is on them.
Like this. With a phone or camera on a tripod if you can.
DSCF1063 2

DSCF1041 3

Then we can see the stage of your buds. And offer proper advice on your flower stage and things like defoliating the plants for better yield.
Talk again soon.
Ron

JonezyMalone

JonezyMalone

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Ok so the compost picture is what i planted in as money is an issue and i used what we had for the tomatoes.

I filled up a watering can with water and a cap full of the tomorite and feed with that a couple times a week and no i haven't used any boosters or anything.

I tried to get 3 good pictures, let me know if need more.

And as you can see one picture is a shitty bud, i've just found a few of these, do i chop it off?

Weather is a little crap here too so wasn't much sun for the photos.

Thanks in Advance :)

Tomorite
Compost
Bad bud
Budpic3
Budpic2
Budpic
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

For some reason your pictures did not work. Tomorite Liquid fertilizer. N-P-K is 4-4-8 is a specially designed fertilizer for growing tomatoes with a very high potassium level aimed at stopping blossom end rot on tomatoes.

As you can see. You can grow pot with it, but it's designed specifically for growing tomatoes. The phosphorus and potassium levels are way out of wack for growing cannabis. As specially now when the plant is flowering. The Nitrogen level is way to high in proportion to the phosphorus and this is really delaying your flower production.

Any chance you could get your hands on a bottle of This? At the hardware store?
You need 12-6-6 For vegging all summer. Then 5-15-5 for flowering. Mid July when buds begin forming until harvest.
Pro-Mix is about $15 a bottle. You may even get it on sale this time of the year.
If you cannot do it now. It's a much better option next year.
Promix

I can post proper mixing instructions for both if you like.

JonezyMalone

JonezyMalone

For some reason your pictures did not work. Tomorite Liquid fertilizer. N-P-K is 4-4-8 is a specially designed fertilizer for growing tomatoes with a very high potassium level aimed at stopping blossom end rot on tomatoes.

As you can see. You can grow pot with it, but it's designed specifically for growing tomatoes. The phosphorus and potassium levels are way out of wack for growing cannabis. As specially now when the plant is flowering. The Nitrogen level is way to high in proportion to the phosphorus and this is really delaying your flower production.

You need 12-6-6 For vegging all summer. Then 5-15-5 for flowering. Mid July when buds begin forming until harvest.
Pro-Mix is about $15 a bottle. You may even get it on sale this time of the year.
View attachment 2063093
ok thank you, i don't really know any of the sciencey stuff lol. but yeah i can have a look around to see.

JonezyMalone

JonezyMalone

View attachment 2063093
Tomorite
Compost
Bad bud
Budpic3
Budpic2
Budpic

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

View attachment 2063093
A lot of guys have a hate on for Miracle Grow but it's an affordable fertilizer.
Well under $20.00 Also works very well.
Miracle Grow 12 4 8

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Promix

This is important.
Add
40 Grams Lime
10 Grams Gypsum
pr cubic foot of potting mix before potting seedlings.

Do not over water!

Mix 5ml is the same as 1 teaspoon. There are 200 teaspoons in 1 L water.
Water well once a week with these formulas. Mid week if you need to water, use just plane water.

Week 1 just water

Seedlings. week 2
Make a base solution. 5ml of 5-15-5 fertilizer in 1 L water.
Put 250 ml of above base solution in 1 litter bottle and fill with water.
Perfect for seedlings. 62.5 ppm Nitrogen. 187ppm Potassium and 62.5 ppm Phosphorus.

Week 3
Promix 12-6-6 A light solution. 5ML in 1 Liter water. Nitrogen ppm = 600 Base solution needs to be divided buy 4 again.
Put 250ml of above base solution in a liter bottle, Then fill with water. This should give you. 158 ppm N 75ppm Potassium and 75 ppm Phosphorus

Week 4
Promix 12-6-6 A light solution. 5ML in 1 Liter water. Nitrogen ppm = 600 Base solution
Mix 1 Liter Base solution and 2 liters water in a big jug. This is 200 ppm Nitrogen. 150 ppm Phosphorus and 150ppm Potassium.
Threw the veg faze of growth.

Early to mid July the days will be short enough to start triggering flower production.
Switch back to Pro-mix 5-15-5 Fertilizer.

Mix 5ml 5-15-5 Fertilizer in 2 liters water. Use this until 2 weeks before harvest.
Nitrogen 125ppm Phosphorus 375 ppm and Potassium ppm 125ppm

JonezyMalone

JonezyMalone

View attachment 2063337

This is important.
Add
40 Grams Lime
10 Grams Gypsum
pr cubic foot of potting mix before potting seedlings.

Do not over water!

Mix 5ml is the same as 1 teaspoon. There are 200 teaspoons in 1 L water.
Water well once a week with these formulas. Mid week if you need to water, use just plane water.

Week 1 just water

Seedlings. week 2
Make a base solution. 5ml of 5-15-5 fertilizer in 1 L water.
Put 250 ml of above base solution in 1 litter bottle and fill with water.
Perfect for seedlings. 62.5 ppm Nitrogen. 187ppm Potassium and 62.5 ppm Phosphorus.

Week 3
Promix 12-6-6 A light solution. 5ML in 1 Liter water. Nitrogen ppm = 600 Base solution needs to be divided buy 4 again.
Put 250ml of above base solution in a liter bottle, Then fill with water. This should give you. 158 ppm N 75ppm Potassium and 75 ppm Phosphorus

Week 4
Promix 12-6-6 A light solution. 5ML in 1 Liter water. Nitrogen ppm = 600 Base solution
Mix 1 Liter Base solution and 2 liters water in a big jug. This is 200 ppm Nitrogen. 150 ppm Phosphorus and 150ppm Potassium.
Threw the veg faze of growth.

Early to mid July the days will be short enough to start triggering flower production.
Switch back to Pro-mix 5-15-5 Fertilizer.

Mix 5ml 5-15-5 Fertilizer in 2 liters water. Use this until 2 weeks before harvest.
Nitrogen 125ppm Phosphorus 375 ppm and Potassium ppm 125ppm
Thanks you, that will be a big help for next years :)

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

make sure you have a look close see, if theres any more rot, if there is i would try pluck it out if not take the plant down now before it rots more. just giving the heads up as i dont want you to lose the full plant to rot peace.

JonezyMalone

JonezyMalone

make sure you have a look close see, if theres any more rot, if there is i would try pluck it out if not take the plant down now before it rots more. just giving the heads up as i dont want you to lose the full plant to rot peace.
I went round this morning and cut any bit that looked bad. They were like dark colored and going a little furry. Hopefully it will help then.

JonezyMalone

JonezyMalone

when you say take the plant down do you mean just get rid of it or??

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

also if its on one plant in the area it can pretty much hit other stuff there to, so have a good look near the most dense buds. as it could of already started.

JonezyMalone

JonezyMalone

a smokes a smoke my friend, better then losing full plant to rot trust me ive done that before lol.
That is a very good point tbh. here come my next questions. best way to harvest, how and where to hang or do i even hang it. i really dont know lol. how long to leave drying?

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

have a good look you should be able to tell if you can save them, if the rots pretty bad i wouldnt risk it.

Top Bottom