First time outdoor grow.. Need help

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Gonna give an outdoor grow a try. Got 3 feminized plants. Gonna wait till they get a few nodes and plant outside. Not sure of a good soil mix. I figured topsoil, perilite and vermiculite. Dig a hole and plant? Gonna let nature takes its course and just let them grow without checking them regularly. Is there really anything else i need to do?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
nope.

oh, you will probably want to water them now and then.;)

Blaze

Blaze

A fence of some kind to keep critters out is always a good idea. Infrequent checking requires a bit of luck to work. There is no substitute for spending time with the ladies.

vaporedout

vaporedout

A fence of some kind to keep critters out is always a good idea. Infrequent checking requires a bit of luck to work. There is no substitute for spending time with the ladies.

yeah and with outdoor you got critters and BUGS so you need to keep checkin on em so a small problem doesnt become an infestation!! but other than that, just water and sun.... i like neem oil for some pet prevention. bout to order come CAPS this friday though, gonna try that outdoors!!

mikeb437

mikeb437

Someone told me to piss on them when i plant them and that'll keep the critters away for a while. Lol i do intend on keeping an eye on them from time to time to check their status and to tend to their needs but for the most part ill leave them alone. Thanks for the info guys!

Bannacis

Bannacis

sometimes when you first make a hole and put in your soil amendment, critters will dig up the dirt, cause they smell fresh earth. and in the process will pull up your plant. so if you can screen them in to protect them while they are young. it would help.

If you add certain nutes, it will draw critters...like fish emulsion,blood meal...etc...

if you can dig your hole and add your soil in advance, so the critters will investigate and forget it.
check your spot to see what kinda sun your getting, try a south facing slope. also trees...in the fall they will get leaves that can block your light.
also if there is plants around that it could blend in with.
I like brier patches, keeps out most critters.
when you take you youngins out, leave em in there pots and put em in the shade at first, them gradually over a few days put them in sun. couple hours at first then more as you go, if you put them in the ground right out the gate they can get burned...not used to sun... but i've know peeps that put them straight out and got lucky and they did fine.

after they have got used to sun...put em in ground, if you can screen em,do it. you can pee around them,also if you can get alot of human hair, spread that too. maybe a little neem. slug bait killer.

good luck mike.

Top Bottom