First Time Outdoor How To Avoid Indoor Clones From Revegging

• Thread starter Waleed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Waleed

Been growing indoors for a while, just recently learned that anytime you veg a plant indoors even at 18-6 the switch to 14.5-15 hours of light can still trigger the flower. I'm trying to avoid it and i know i'm to late to start slowing switching the hours down to 15. What do you guys recommend i do, i was thinking supplementary light to keep them awake with CFL's but don't want to use a lot of electricity. they are about 3 ft wide 4.5-5 ft tall. do you think a 54w CFL on each side of the plant will do? or would i really need to blast them with light like an indoor grow? They are all Blue Dreams btw

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Well, good luck with that. I find some sativas ( Blue Dream is better than some ) bolt (stretch) quite easily and assume flowering with just two or so hours difference. It takes time to do the shift and keep in vegetation. That should be enough light , assuming good penetration.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Depends on where you are, why dont you want them to flower?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
As long as you wait till after june 20th to put them outside they shouldnt reveg.

W

Waleed

Located just North of Los Angeles, already got some smaller guys flowering i want some giants for croptober. And great good to hear i always thought anything about 14 hours of sunlight would be cool and i put a majority of them out in may and i gotta light dep them to avoid the re-veg. It is peak hours of sunlight right now so that would make sense. thanks for the replies guys if the location affects something else please get back to me. Thanks a bunch

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
June 21st is summer solstice, every day after that gets shorter and shorter. You can keep a plant under 24/0 and set it out after june 20 and it will just finish and not reveg.

W

Waleed

I'm aware of the hours of sunlight in a day please reread my post. I don't want them to finish i want to keep them in a vegetative state till they naturally flower(as if i had them outdoors from seed starting around may.) As stated i want to harvest in October, having it flower now would result in it being cut down around august and them being much smaller. Thank you Ignignokt for answering my question i will be giving them supplementary light till late July/Early August. We have strict plant limits till licensing comes to play where i live, i need bigger plants not more.

purpnugz

purpnugz

Wow great intel guys. Like you've all mentioned with supplemental lighting you can stay in veg if the days are short outdoors.

Take this Twisted Sister for example
IMG 1858

I took couple cuts from her late April. Put them in a dome under 18/6. In a week clones were outdoors. :shy:
IMG 1864
IMG 1869
IMG 1893
IMG 1878

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
To put them out and have them naturally flower you need to find when your area has 16 hours of usable daylight and acclimate your plants slowly down to 16/8 and set them out then.

S

Shamanfarmer

I'm aware of the hours of sunlight in a day please reread my post. I don't want them to finish i want to keep them in a vegetative state till they naturally flower(as if i had them outdoors from seed starting around may.) As stated i want to harvest in October, having it flower now would result in it being cut down around august and them being much smaller. Thank you Ignignokt for answering my question i will be giving them supplementary light till late July/Early August. We have strict plant limits till licensing comes to play where i live, i need bigger plants not more.

You will be fine if you put your plants out on the solstice. I'm on the 45th parallel and I've taken plants from 24 hour light indoors and put them outside on the solstice and they didn't start flowering until the middle of august and were ready to harvest the beginning of august. Should definitely work fine for you with how far south of me you are.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You will be fine if you put your plants out on the solstice. I'm on the 45th parallel and I've taken plants from 24 hour light indoors and put them outside on the solstice and they didn't start flowering until the middle of august and were ready to harvest the beginning of august. Should definitely work fine for you with how far south of me you are.
I wouldnt know, never grown outdoors, all gorilla grows from me here in the dustbowl. I would be afraid my plant would blow away like a tumbleweed...

S

Shamanfarmer

Damn, typo. Meant ready to harvest by the beginning of october. fuck, that made me look stupid!

Latest posts

Top Bottom