First time running NFTG and need some help

• Thread starter Zuna206
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zuna206

Zuna206

I decided to go with Nectar For The Gods nute line and made a 5 gal mix of the nutes, starting out low obviously and testing to see what my plants like and what they need more of. I have Mixed quiet a bit of different nutes from NFTG and I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice on raising the ph. It could be that i'm unable to get a good read due to the darkness of certain nutes from the line as i use the liquid drops from GH to indicate my ph level. I have a blue lab ph pen but it's in storage at the moment. Any tips on what i should do? I've split the 5 gal mix into two different buckets and added tap water in attempt to dilute the mix a bit and bring up the ph and i'm still getting the same reading when i test for ph. I have ph up from GH but when i added some i didnt make any noticeable difference, I also have baking soda but I'm not sure if thats a very smart alternative (just something i heard about that raises ph). Thanks for the advice!

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
what is the PH and PPM's ? also 'GH ph up&down' can cause problems in super soils. which regiment line are you following ? have you done a slurry test ?

Zuna206

Zuna206

the ppm of one bucket was 362 the other was around 520 .. I have a ppm of 40 as my tap water (if my meter is right) and i split one 5 gal mix into two 5 gal buckets and added 2.5 gallons oh tap to each.. i realized that i should have gave it a good mix before splitting it.. but i took the 362 ppm water and fed em with that and i thought why not ph it with baking soda (until i get my hands on the ph up & down from nftg) because i have slf-100 and it can clean any build up or just clean my roots and medium with feww flushes??

Latest posts

Top Bottom