First time scrog/ and pot size thoughts.

• Thread starter Jerbear34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jerbear34

Jerbear34

Hey guys I'm new to the forms. I grow organic outdoor. I recently got a better light and a acinfinity 69 pro controller. I was using is for all my outdoor plants to prepare for the upcoming season. I chose the plants i liked best for my outdoor conditions and had two plants that i wasn't sure what to do with. So i decided to super crop/scrog them and try it out indoor. I wanted some opinion's on the setup before i flip to flower. One of my major concern is the size of pot. I believe its to small. I have a super soil mix in a 7 gallon. Theres a 60day flower time. I just topped dressed with earth dust bloom and a little calmag/fishshit water. Im thinking i need to pot up to a 15 gallon because of the plants being so big and growing so fast. The scrog is a 5’x5’ area.
Thanks for the advice
Heres some added photos for a better understanding

First time scrog and pot size thoughts
First time scrog and pot size thoughts 2
First time scrog and pot size thoughts 3
First time scrog and pot size thoughts 4
First time scrog and pot size thoughts 5
Redneckx

Redneckx

Hey guys I'm new to the forms. I grow organic outdoor. I recently got a better light and a acinfinity 69 pro controller. I was using is for all my outdoor plants to prepare for the upcoming season. I chose the plants i liked best for my outdoor conditions and had two plants that i wasn't sure what to do with. So i decided to super crop/scrog them and try it out indoor. I wanted some opinion's on the setup before i flip to flower. One of my major concern is the size of pot. I believe its to small. I have a super soil mix in a 7 gallon. Theres a 60day flower time. I just topped dressed with earth dust bloom and a little calmag/fishshit water. Im thinking i need to pot up to a 15 gallon because of the plants being so big and growing so fast. The scrog is a 5’x5’ area.
Thanks for the advice
Heres some added photos for a better understanding
Hey Dude, welcome to the farm! 🤠🪴
Though mine is big but your's is huge man! Awesome job!🤩
Did y placed the other biggies outdoor now? Let us keep a peek on em please, would love to do some outdoor as well but we aint got safe spaces to try it.
Can't let give you recommendations on the pot size, still searching for the right one.
What worse cases could happen with a big lady in a too small container? My plant is around 30" in a 3.3 gal airpot, got no bigger pot and wanna try it with this size, flipped today.
Can't wait to see them in flower!

Jerbear34

Jerbear34

Hey Dude, welcome to the farm! 🤠🪴
Though mine is big but your's is huge man! Awesome job!🤩
Did y placed the other biggies outdoor now? Let us keep a peek on em please, would love to do some outdoor as well but we aint got safe spaces to try it.
Can't let give you recommendations on the pot size, still searching for the right one.
What worse cases could happen with a big lady in a too small container? My plant is around 30" in a 3.3 gal airpot, got no bigger pot and wanna try it with this size, flipped today.
Can't wait to see them in flower!
Yeah the rest when outside. I’m hardening them off right now. I’ll have them in the ground in a few weeks. Last year I grow some nine foot plants outdoor gorilla glue #4 great plant.

Pot size is a big deal. I’m going to up pot it before flower. I don’t want to have to water everyday or feed every week. Also plants won’t put on much yeld if the roots are too bound up. I think I answered my own question. I just wanted more options out there.

Jerbear34

Jerbear34

Yeah the rest when outside. I’m hardening them off right now. I’ll have them in the ground in a few weeks. Last year I grow some nine foot plants outdoor gorilla glue #4 great plant.

Pot size is a big deal. I’m going to up pot it before flower. I don’t want to have to water everyday or feed every week. Also plants won’t put on much yeld if the roots are too bound up. I think I answered my own question. I just wanted more options out there.
Last years outdoor

IMG 2664
IMG 2665
IMG 2822
IMG 2757
Galgrows

Galgrows

Friggin outstanding man so well done. I'm an oldie now 66yrs old i can't handle those outdoor trees anymore i only grow in 15gal pots and small indica strains. Your grow is envy for all outdoor growers now an past, i just love when i see such dedicated well done outdoor grows man thanks for sharing. Brings back great memories for this ol Oregon gal.

T

TerraTokeMaster

Your girls are looking great and ready to show off. Best of luck with the flowering stage!

Natep

Natep

Plants look great. Suggestion put screws into those boards and build your scrog out of string. It will be much easier to cut out at harvest time. It is a pain in the ass to get the trellis nets or stretchy nets out the plants. Here is pic of how I made mine. It’s hung on ratchets so I can raise and lower it.

8BD4D6D6 0624 4AD9 91F1 4A1802537067
Top Bottom