First Time Scrog Grow/Sharklato

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

I'm at 4 1/2 weeks of veg and thought I would post my first Scrog. I've been growing for 7ish years and besides topping and using plants ties here and there, I've not done much LST. I was always nervous about killing a plant and getting nothing so I thought it would just be better to not stress it when I don't know what I'm doing. Well I found some confidence and went for it.

I should of put up the net earlier so I'm sure it could of been better, please feel free to correct my mistakes and guide me for next time! I don't think I did to bad, already have some nice growth after 2 days! I'll have to do some defoliation in a week, definitely some thick foliage.

The strain is supposedly Sharklato. I found 8 seeds in a bag from a dispensary but not a normal dispensary, that's why I say supposedly. It's a normal business but regulations are different.

I grew these 8 seeds I found, 1 of them hermied. I found it to be the perfect opportunity to make some seeds and what I'm growing now is from pollinating 1 of the females, I didn't want all the girls to be pollinated so I removed 1 female from the tent and put her in 1 of my Stealth Boxes before pollinating.

All pictures were taken today except the split photo is the same plant, left side shows the day I put Scrog in and the right side is from today, which is 2 days of growth since Scrog went in.
First time scrog growsharklato

First time scrog growsharklato 2

First time scrog growsharklato 3

First time scrog growsharklato 4

First time scrog growsharklato 5

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Very neato! Great job so far! I’m very new, so it’s neat to see people who are seven years in still learning! It’s a huge hobby/passion for sure!!

Looks really nice! I can’t really say much aside from it looks really pretty! Only thing I would’ve did is maybe space them out more. Move them more central to the middle of each quadrant of the tent. Might give you more wiggle room so to speak. Might be your auto feeder set up if that’s what you’re using though, so pay no attention to this

Awesome job though and I’ll keep an eye on these ladies 👀😉😍

Newty

Newty

Very neato! Great job so far! I’m very new, so it’s neat to see people who are seven years in still learning! It’s a huge hobby/passion for sure!!

Looks really nice! I can’t really say much aside from it looks really pretty! Only thing I would’ve did is maybe space them out more. Move them more central to the middle of each quadrant of the tent. Might give you more wiggle room so to speak

Awesome job though and I’ll keep an eye on these ladies 👀😉😍
Thanks for the kind words! I've gotten to a point that I'm comfortable enough to take risks, I have 2 small stealth boxes I'm starting to grow 1 plant in each and use different techniques on them first before trying it on my bigger tent grow.

Definitely agree on spacing, my drainage, lights, and adding more plants in the future were the reason they are set how they are. I think I'm going to move stuff around for next grow, add a couple more plants and either move the lights further apart so I can use more of the tent or purchase another light to make it easier to plan the spacing of them.

This is a picture prior to Scrog, could be spaced out more but not to bad, the scrog definitely closed that little bit of wiggle room though lol. We will see what they look like in a week when I do some defoliation.

7C67AB4DA6F0 1707857177284

Last edited:
PooToe

PooToe

Thanks for the kind words! I've gotten to a point that I'm comfortable enough to take risks, I have 2 small stealth boxes I'm starting to grow 1 plant in each and use different techniques on them first before trying it on my bigger tent grow.

Definitely agree on spacing, my drainage, lights, and adding more plants in the future were the reason they are set how they are. I think I'm going to move stuff around for next grow, add a couple more plants and either move the lights further apart so I can use more of the tent or purchase another light to make it easier to plan the spacing of them.

This is a picture prior to Scrog, could be spaced out more but not to bad, the scrog definitely closed that little bit of wiggle room though lol. We will see what they look like in a week when I do some defoliation.

View attachment 2123628
Nice! Are you going to fill the entire screen before you flower them?

Newty

Newty

Nice! Are you going to fill the entire screen before you flower them?
I'm honestly not sure yet, this is my first Scrog so I'm just taking it day by day. I should of started the Scrog sooner though, not sure at this point if I could fill it. I don't have to long before I flip to flower.

I was thinking about doing like a double Scrog at some point. Scrog as soon as you can then once they grow a bit, add another Scrog net higher but that won't be until the next grow or 2.

CowDog

CowDog

Looks awesome!

Welcome to the SCROG life.

Regarding when to flip to 12/12, I've almost always flipped too late, thinking I should fill my screen up more first. So I veg longer, then 3 weeks after 12/12 it's an out of control jungle. I now flip to 12/12 when the screen is 50-60% full.

Newty

Newty

Looks awesome!

Welcome to the SCROG life.

Regarding when to flip to 12/12, I've almost always flipped too late, thinking I should fill my screen up more first. So I veg longer, then 3 weeks after 12/12 it's an out of control jungle. I now flip to 12/12 when the screen is 50-60% full.
Thanks!
I will fill it some more either way, just depends on how the plant responds these next couple weeks.
I have a minimum of 2 weeks before I'll be flipping. I'm letting it ride this week to recover from Scrog, defoliation, and another week to recover and see where they are at at how much longer I want to push them, I do have quite of bit of height left in my tent that they could grow before flipping.

PooToe

PooToe

When I scrog I try and anticipate how much stretch I'll have and flip then. The last scrog I did I left around 10" of space around the edges in my 5 x 5 for the plants to stretch into. Once stretch was over they filled out the space perfectly.

Newty

Newty

I'm on my 5th week of veg right now. Being this is my first Scrog I'm not sure of my next step and when. Should I defoliate below the net now and tuck the tops more or wait on defoliation and just keep tucking?

20240223 162752

20240223 162948

20240223 162828

20240223 162920

Newty

Newty

To do a true ScrOG you would need to tuck the branches that are poking above your canopy/net line.
Yes I know, it has grown since then and needs tucked again but I'm wondering if I should also defoliate if I'm at 5 weeks of veg or wait to closer to flip?

PooToe

PooToe

I've had the best outcomes when I defoliate the same day I flip then another defol a few weeks after flip. Same with timing the lollipop under the canopy.

Top Bottom