First time soilless grow

• Thread starter ClassySmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ClassySmoke

ClassySmoke

Hi, new to the forums here and I’m just looking for some advice. Im currently on my first soilless grow and I figured coco coir growers might be able to help me.

The mix I am using is found on this page

http://www.jvk.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ASB-The-Growers-Choice.pdf

I’m using the ABS VPW420 mix. If someone could check this out and tell me what PH I should be running at that would be awesome. I was thinking 5.8-6 for ph would be ideal to water with since the base ph is really low 5.0 - 5.8 and I have acess to rain water thats base is 6.9 but rain water is super alkaline.

Only posting this dumb question because my clones are growing with purple stems when the plants they were taken from had green stems. Im currently watering with hard well water that I ph to 6.5 but does my mix require a ph lower then that?

Thanks!!!

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Sometimes stem color can be caused by different mediums/ soils having different nutrient mixes...I don't worry about stem color too much unless there are other symptoms indicating problems...if plants appear healthy and they're growing fast, I just roll with it...
But I do a lot of things wrong too, so take my words with a grain of salt...

petroleumboy

petroleumboy

@ClassySmoke I run a very similar soil to what your using. Mine is predominantly Pro Mix HP with perlite and a about 25% worm castings. I tried to maintain a pH between 5.5 and 6.5 but found that every time I watered or fed at around 5.8-5.9 I got nutrient lock out that displayed as calcium deficiency. I’ve found my sweet spot is closet to 6.2 to 6.4. I hope that helps

Madmax

Madmax

Purpling can b caused through the light .ive gotten it both my first 2 grows using t5s then cmh. Dont worry bout it they will grow out of it.

Top Bottom