First time thc farmer here

• Thread starter Flappenschmapple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

Hey pals, first time farmer coming at you from the great northeast looking for any tips and pointers! Currently I have three mandarin cookie plants on my back patio. I give them general hydroponics nutes about once a week or every three waterings or so (they are sucking up water roughly every other day just about). Since I transplanted the two big ones on June 4th I have given them nutes about 3 times today being the fourth. I have two in their own 17 gallon tubs and one in an 8 gallon tub (using coast of main in two plants and fox farms in the other). Fan leaf stems are purple but main stalk and stems are green. Basically just looking for any advice as this is my very first time like I mentioned. Thank you

First time thc farmer here
First time thc farmer here 2
First time thc farmer here 3
First time thc farmer here 4
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hey pals, first time farmer coming at you from the great northeast looking for any tips and pointers! Currently I have three mandarin cookie plants on my back patio. I give them general hydroponics nutes about once a week or every three waterings or so (they are sucking up water roughly every other day just about). Since I transplanted the two big ones on June 4th I have given them nutes about 3 times today being the fourth. I have two in their own 17 gallon tubs and one in an 8 gallon tub (using coast of main in two plants and fox farms in the other). Fan leaf stems are purple but main stalk and stems are green. Basically just looking for any advice as this is my very first time like I mentioned. Thank you
welcome to the farm!
lots of friendly helpful cool growers from all over!
everything looks good to me!
very nice!

Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

welcome to the farm!
lots of friendly helpful cool growers from all over!
everything looks good to me!
very nice!
Thanks pal, any suggestions for keeping insects at bay? I’ve noticed some of those shiny like beetles climbing on the leaves every so often and they might have munched on a couple of fan leaves. Also, should I be pruning some of the fan leaves? I’ve been reading some mixed reviews.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks pal, any suggestions for keeping insects at bay? I’ve noticed some of those shiny like beetles climbing on the leaves every so often and they might have munched on a couple of fan leaves. Also, should I be pruning some of the fan leaves? I’ve been reading some mixed reviews.
i wouldn’t prune unless your area has low airflow/wind.,
you’ll get different replies, none being wrong for the most part.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I know your not from C.T. bc it is illegal to cultivate outdoors, Mass? Maine? Looks like Maine everyone grows outdoors including me, going up on the 9th to check my grows. In meantime my cuz it tending them, your grow looks great.

BDH420

BDH420

Diatomaceous Earth works amazing for beatles. It can also promote root growth. I would stick with the food grade stuff. dust your plants with it and dust the top of your soil with it. It cuts the underbellies' of the bugs or just makes it so they don't like to walk or land on it. I don't know if its safe or not to use during flowering. Im new to outdoor growing also. I have been pretty pest free this year using just the DE.

Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

Nice start for a 1st. time to grow or just be on a forum? Welcome and enjoy.
Very first time, I’m super stoked!! So many questions I have haha. Trial run for when I attempt to go indoors later this year. I j ow indoor is a totally different monster but gotta start somewhere. Thanks for the support

Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

Diatomaceous Earth works amazing for beatles. It can also promote root growth. I would stick with the food grade stuff. dust your plants with it and dust the top of your soil with it. It cuts the underbellies' of the bugs or just makes it so they don't like to walk or land on it. I don't know if its safe or not to use during flowering. Im new to outdoor growing also. I have been pretty pest free this year using just the DE.
Awesome! Thank you very much I’ll give it a try!

Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

i wouldn’t prune unless your area has low airflow/wind.,
you’ll get different replies, none being wrong for the most part.
I live right on a lake, so it’s pretty windy most of time. Very good, thank you! I think I’ll just let them be

Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

Welcome! And those plants look really good! What kind of drainage and aeration do you have for the bottom of those totes?
Thank you! I just drilled 1/2” holes all around bottoms of totes. Seems to work because I like to water until I see just the slightest drip come from the holes

Latest posts

Top Bottom