first time this has happened to me, not sure

• Thread starter YinYang420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
YinYang420

YinYang420

not entirely sure what this is, was hoping someone here could help me identify what this is im thinking its mold because i see no sign of mites or damage from mites
we had a bunch of rain here this past week and i had to bring my plants inside and foolishly enough i only used 1 small fan for 3 plants and im thinking this developed on the bud because there was no airflow in that specific area of the tent.

only 1 bud was affected and i snipped out that piece as soon as i saw it and sprayed a little bit of green cleaner solution on the remaining bud, has no visible browning or discoloring after removing the affected area.
i checked my other 2 plants they dont have any of the same webbing on it but i did find2 caterpillars stuck in my trichomes of 1 plant.

any input or previous experiences would help greatly before i start to panick

First time this has happened to me not sure
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
not entirely sure what this is, was hoping someone here could help me identify what this is im thinking its mold because i see no sign of mites or damage from mites
we had a bunch of rain here this past week and i had to bring my plants inside and foolishly enough i only used 1 small fan for 3 plants and im thinking this developed on the bud because there was no airflow in that specific area of the tent.

only 1 bud was affected and i snipped out that piece as soon as i saw it and sprayed a little bit of green cleaner solution on the remaining bud, has no visible browning or discoloring after removing the affected area.
i checked my other 2 plants they dont have any of the same webbing on it but i did find2 caterpillars stuck in my trichomes of 1 plant.

any input or previous experiences would help greatly before i start to panick
Yes this is Botrytis . Good find I’m sure if you keep a good eye on it may not become a problem . If you only have them out doors you can tie them over so the shade n sugar leaf have chance to shed off the moisture . Good luck keep us posted .

Ina

Ina

I think it could start from there but it is not yet....If it is only that i guess it wont be such a big deal but be carefull.Caterpillars are nasty,they eat and poop and then on the place starts mold or rot......Take a good look on every plant and provide more air and vents.If it is rainy dont let them outside.The water drops also stays between the leaves and calyxes and makes the rotting worst.

YinYang420

YinYang420

Yes this is Botrytis . Good find I’m sure if you keep a good eye on it may not become a problem . If you only have them out doors you can tie them over so the shade n sugar leaf have chance to shed off the moisture . Good luck keep us posted .

im really freaking out now im getting different opinions and i really want to enjoy this plants smoke!!!

20200412 153403
20200412 153427
YinYang420

YinYang420

Botrytis is a systemic infection maybe hit the books and do some study on it .
thank you i did do a little bit of research im a little confused about it does it continue to spread even if i remove the parts of the plant with visible damage?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
thank you i did do a little bit of research im a little confused about it does it continue to spread even if i remove the parts of the plant with visible damage?
Yes it can I can be caused by the plant building up lots of sugars from feeding so you could back off on feeds remove all plant mater effected once it has reached the spore stage it becomes even a bigger problem to rest of the crop spores are air borne transmitted even you touching infected plant and moving to check your other plants can transport the spores . I’ve lost a 300 odd outdoor crop to botrytis so I know your pain .

Top Bottom