first time tryin to wintertize what have i done wrong

• Thread starter Shivaskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shivaskunk

So i have been making bho for a while now i have been gettin pull and snap quite a lot and shatter some times so i wanted to try my hand at winterizing as it takes out excuse waxes that are not needed in my smoke

Here what i done i sprayed my weed let butane evapourat till it was just big bubbles left scraped into a jar and mixed 99.9 iso as cant get everclear let the bho dessolve in about 100ml let sit in freezer for 12h strained it through a coffee filter then poured it out onto pyrex dish and sat on heat. The water temp was 140f checked with candy themometer and temp of oil never went past 120f checked with ir themometer untill iso was gone the heat was turned off and ledt to sit on ther untill this morrning necer scraped it up as a thouth i would be able to reheat and then scrap as it was later and i was stoned lol

wen i woke up and checked it it is as it has fully cooled and been evapourating for about 8 hours but it is sap consistancy not shatter how could this be could it be becuase of the heat was added ? Should i have let evap with no heat? But ive seen vids with the heat going upto 175f and still get shatter ? Could ther still be iso in it and thats whay it not shatter ?
Do i need to vac purge this ?

HeadKracker

HeadKracker

I personally would use grape or grain alcohol for winterizing... Also 12 hours in freezer is no where near long enough.. Gotta be im there at least 48 hours.. So most likely you still have the waxes n fats in the oil..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Its because you CANT winterize with ISOPROPYL Alcohol.............. You need GRAIN alcohol ie.. Everclear ...

Yes odds are theres still plenty of iso in your product...

Top Bottom