First time trying autoflower. Does she look healthy?

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

Hello mates, This is my first time growing an autoflower and only my second time growing at all. I was wondering how she looks? I thought maybe she was really light green but im unsure. About a week and a half old and growing inside my spacebucket. I have her on 24 hr light but was planning on putting her on 18/6 before too long. The strain is candy kush. Thanks to anyone in advance that helps!
First time trying autoflower does she look healthy

TheMidgetTickler

TheMidgetTickler

Looks fine to me
The cotyledon leaves are a good indicator of when she's hungry
Let her find her feet & she'll be sweet

DevinA95

DevinA95

Looks fine to me
The cotyledon leaves are a good indicator of when she's hungry
Let her find her feet & she'll be sweet
I appreciate it. I know its early and new growth is usually light green from what I see. I was just looking for a 2nd opinion from people with more experience. I also heard that autos are pretty slow for the first few weeks.

TheMidgetTickler

TheMidgetTickler

I appreciate it. I know its early and new growth is usually light green from what I see. I was just looking for a 2nd opinion from people with more experience. I also heard that autos are pretty slow for the first few weeks.

I think seeds in general can be slow. Autos may seem that way as a lot of growers go straight to final pot & that sometimes overwhelms the seed with moisture slowing things down at the start

DevinA95

DevinA95

I think seeds in general can be slow. Autos may seem that way as a lot of growers go straight to final pot & that sometimes overwhelms the seed with moisture slowing things down at the start
Thats a good point you got there. She stretched alittle bit at first but I added more dirt and moved her alittle closer to the light and she seems to be ok as far as that goes. Right now there is only the nutrients that is in the soil. (I can't remember the name because it was givin to me so I didn't really worry about it but its all organic) I figured that would hold her over until she flowers. Then I was wondering if I could use worm castings as a top dress to finish her off?

TheMidgetTickler

TheMidgetTickler

I've never used worm castings, when I did organic it was branded soil & organic liquid nutes
My concern with worm castings would be, although they're slow release that they'll be too strong for the auto
With shorter finishing times the window for a plants needs is reduced. With slow releasing organics added close to the mid point of the plants life cycle I'd be concerned of missing those windows & giving them too much at the wrong time
Could be well off with that & it works a treat but that'd be my worry

DevinA95

DevinA95

I've never used worm castings, when I did organic it was branded soil & organic liquid nutes
My concern with worm castings would be, although they're slow release that they'll be too strong for the auto
With shorter finishing times the window for a plants needs is reduced. With slow releasing organics added close to the mid point of the plants life cycle I'd be concerned of missing those windows & giving them too much at the wrong time
Could be well off with that & it works a treat but that'd be my worry
I also have the fox farm liquid trio i could use instead to moderate the feedings more carefully. I just had worm castings left over I was trying to use lol

TheMidgetTickler

TheMidgetTickler

I'd feel more comfortable with the liquid feed & ease your way in starting lower

Top Bottom