First time using autos is this normal

• Thread starter Spike8910
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spike8910

Spike8910

I planted two auto seeds one looks like it should maybe abit leggy but the other doesn't seem to be growing normal

First time using autos is this normal
First time using autos is this normal 2
First time using autos is this normal 3
First time using autos is this normal 4
First time using autos is this normal 5
GrandTheftTaco

GrandTheftTaco

Im no expert but my autos never stretched like that. How far aways your light?

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

Totally fine, even that one that doesn't look like it's opening, i had one like that and it grew just fine.

Lower your light or raise your pots closer to the light.

Spike8910

Spike8910

OK how close should I put light don't wanna fry them it's a hps with adjustable ballast only at 250 now but can go to 660

GrandTheftTaco

GrandTheftTaco

I mean just search how to grow marijuana and these questions will be answered theres hundreds of threads on here. Hps is for flowering not veg. So get a metal halide bulb that fits your fixture. Unless you like wasting your hard earned $$.

Spike8910

Spike8910

And wasn't asking how to grow was asking if the little autoflower looked normal

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I mean just search how to grow marijuana and these questions will be answered theres hundreds of threads on here. Hps is for flowering not veg. So get a metal halide bulb that fits your fixture. Unless you like wasting your hard earned $$.
You can do complete grows under HPS but they’re going to stretch more than under MH. Not recommended.

lipifarmer

lipifarmer

Not true at all ,sorry. you wouldnt believe how cannabis veg under hps if you would see it..

GrandTheftTaco

GrandTheftTaco

Ive seen it veg under hps and leds and without a doubt the metal halide led combo produced bigger plants through veg than hps did. Go ahead keep running your 250w hps and keep wondering why everythings stretching.

Spike8910

Spike8910

It's an adjustable hps I can turn it up to 660 Watts and its a dual spectrum bulb for veg and flower

Spike8910

Spike8910

And I didn't ask about a plant stretching it was actually the short one I thought looked weird but all opinions welcome can always learn something

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

Best advice on distance, download a lux app on your phone. Look up "lux for cannabis", don't quote me but i think it's like 5,000-10,000 lux for seedlings, 15k-30k for veg and 40-80k for flower without cO2 supplementation.

Anyways once u have the app, hold the phone directly over the seedling top to measure lux.

Top Bottom