First time with organic and outdoor. Want to reuse sunshine mix 4

• Thread starter mkono87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mkono87

mkono87

I have been presented with the opportunity to obtain some clones and id like to veg them outside while I wait for my current crop to finish flowering in my tent. I have used sunshine mix 4 that I have flushed out sitting in a bin that id like to reuse but im just not sure how to go about amending it. Iv done the best I could at researching organics and its all exciting stuff and can be a little overwhelming.

Im looking for a non "cooking" solution as im short on time and looking for an almost water only solution. I fully anticipate having to top dress or feed with teas every so often. My last two grows indoors have been with Megacrop and feeding every watering. I have a bag of this insect frazz stuff called fraz n daz but im not sure I want to go experimenting atm. I also have a bag of dolomite lime available at home.Could a possible solution be as easy and just mixing the fraz or Gaia green 4-4-4 with the sunshine mix and go to town? Iv also seen the coots mix using EWC. What other recommendations do you have?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Check out humbold locals mix, its really badass! here it is
6 bales Sunshine Natural and organic #4

6 cubic feet Nutri Rich high-calcium chicken poop

4 cubic feet super soil Earthworm Castings

4 cubic feet Pahroc Perlite #4

20 lbs steamed bone meal

15 lbs kelp

15 lbs oyster shell

15 lbs dolomite lime

15 lbs gypsum
and i can say from experience that Coots mix is the bomb!! I am running it right now with compost instead of EWC because of cost and availability and its really kickin some ass for me. Listen to the Coots interview with Tad HUssey from KIS its on youtube it really opened my eyes. Use some malted barley to help break down the old roots in there. And probably avoid putting anything too hot on them, like blood meal and fish meal. If your going to use lava rock the Gia wont be nessicary for re minieralization. You can make your new mix and mix it 50 50 with the old sunshine, or just put new compost or EWC and some more pearlite or lava rock to have your proper ratios of airation.

N

Natep

I use 1/3 pumice 1/3 peet moss 1/3 compost with basalt bio char and craft blend for o horizon. Then ad a 1/3 part silt and clay for my e horizon and sand and rock for my a horizon. Then just top dress craft blend and casting between cycles. I do add lab fpj and imo2. I like build a soil. I think they have a pretty good program.

Choppr

Choppr

Just for amending? The Gaia and some EWC will be fine for early vegging - "Down to Earth" has a full line of Dry (slow release) Blended and Single Ingredient ferts, cheap too. I used their Bio-Live Product for re-using Coco, starting seeds in it, Young Vegging plants do well in it. -

Top Bottom