First time with seeds in coco, just planted, what now?

• Thread starter DrSpaceface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrSpaceface

Hi Everyone,

I have just started some seeds a few days ago. Waited for them to pop taproot about less that 1/4" and planted them in some coco rinsed with tap water ph'd to 5.8 and coco was at field capacity. I planted the seed about 1/2" down, taproot facing up.

I'm a little lost on what I'm supposed to do now. I imagine you dont want to get the medium too wet, so I was thinking a spray bottle with some thrive alive about once or twice a day just to keep the top a little moist. Its about 18" from a t5.

Thanks

W

woodsy1

i would stick to just straight water till they come to the surface, i dont use nutes until the first set of true leaves. if you are really worried about nutes i would use it at bout 8th the strength.

hermit186

hermit186

The root goes down and the creator on the top goes up. if you did it backwards it will take extra time for the root to realize which way is up.
Seeds do not need food your 5 to 10 days but in coco I soak the coco with my veg formula 1/5 strength. You will learn to judge the depth to plant some strains are different if you don't plant it deep enough the seed shell will be stuck holding the leafs shut do not touch it or mess with it. I use an eye droper and wet the seed hull until it falls off. If you plant a little deeper in the process of growing up thru the media it will remove the hull for you.
The oil on your fingers will deform the leafs you touch if you must wash them well before you do it. The first 4 days are when most young plants are killed or damaged.
Weed is a weed and has a tap root it knows which way up is you change up and it takes 24 to 48 hrs for plant to get up right another problem with impatient growers is to move the dirt to see what seed is doing BAD IDEA. First you changed up and it must figure where up is if you move the seed around it the coco same thing . I have been watching the seeds from several sellers. If they will not stand up for there seeds that means 90% or better sprout rate don't buy from them (this comment is for people who buy at least 10 to 20 seeds). Remember that most breeders will sell to a seed warehouse these should sprout at 90% or better the breeders sell to the seed banks so they don't have to deal with the public.
I build motorcycle's and sell them not to a dealer but to the public how long would I last if I had a 70% run for longer than 5 days????

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

In a day or 2 you shud see something like this...and it eventually will be out and the shell shed...as mentioned earlier do not mess with them @ all...if the are rooted the come to the too some faster than others...
perfect example...some are well rooted and some barely popping all same time! Than in a few more days u will have somethimg like this...
And than in the back u see some about 2 weeks old...i do not start giving them any nutes until 14 days and than start really slow...hope this helps!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
These guys covered pretty much what you need to know.

Just keep it moist, never feed the coco straight water, period. Always a minimum of 1/4 strength nutes from day one. Don't keep the coco saturated, only give it water every few days until the plants have a solid root zone established. Then, the more you can water, the better your results will be. Keep your pH around 5.8 with some fluctuation and don't exceed 2.0 EC ever. There's few strains that warrant even going higher than 1.8 EC. Don't love em too hard and they'll do you right :)

One Love,
tobh

Top Bottom