First time.

• Thread starter Plantman2465
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
az2000

az2000

They look great. What soil are you using? What do you feed? I think they look a little overfed. I wouldn't even mention it except a plant or two in the back, I see the tips curling downs, looks like excess N. (I'm looking at the natural-light photo.). But, the rest of the plants don't show that.

P

Plantman2465

They look great. What soil are you using? What do you feed? I think they look a little overfed. I wouldn't even mention it except a plant or two in the back, I see the tips curling downs, looks like excess N. (I'm looking at the natural-light photo.). But, the rest of the plants don't show that.
That is one plant. I'm growing in a 7 gallon container with fox farms ocean forest. I water with fish tank water ph 6 to 6.5 and I add liquid seaweed. 600 watt led. You think I should flush it with fresh water?
They look great. What soil are you using? What do you feed? I think they look a little overfed. I wouldn't even mention it except a plant or two in the back, I see the tips curling downs, looks like excess N. (I'm looking at the natural-light photo.). But, the rest of the plants

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Fish tank water can be quite high in Nitrogen. Not a bad thing to supplement with but I dont think I'd use it exclusively in FFOF. I'd for sure be watering with regular water more often at the least.
Are you testing the ppm of the water at all?

az2000

az2000

You think I should flush it with fresh water?

No. If you're not feeding, it's probably not a problem. It's just one in the back.

Which liquid sea weed? I've used Pennington Alaska Pure Kelp. I felt like I got stretchy plants in veg. But, I use it in late flower where it seems to cause the buds to be denser. I've read others say the same thing. I think the kelp has auxins (growth hormones) and causes that. But, your plants don't look stretchy. (Or, maybe stretch is desirable under scrog.).

P

Plantman2465

Fish tank water can be quite high in Nitrogen. Not a bad thing to supplement with but I dont think I'd use it exclusively in FFOF. I'd for sure be watering with regular water more often at the least.
Are you testing the ppm of the water at all?
The tank the water comes out of is a live planted aquarium with massive plant growth. The nitrate is almost 0 ppm because the aquatic plants eat it all up. I dont have a tds meter yet to test the run off but I guess I could test the run off with my nitrate test kit that I use to test the aquarium water. I watered yesterday so should I wait until the soil dries a bit before I flush with fresh water?

P

Plantman2465

No. If you're not feeding, it's probably not a problem. It's just one in the back.

Which liquid sea weed? I've used Pennington Alaska Pure Kelp. I felt like I got stretchy plants in veg. But, I use it in late flower where it seems to cause the buds to be denser. I've read others say the same thing. I think the kelp has auxins (growth hormones) and causes that. But, your plants don't look stretchy. (Or, maybe stretch is desirable under scrog.).
I'm using blue planet liquid seaweed.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The tank the water comes out of is a live planted aquarium with massive plant growth. The nitrate is almost 0 ppm because the aquatic plants eat it all up. I dont have a tds meter yet to test the run off but I guess I could test the run off with my nitrate test kit that I use to test the aquarium water. I watered yesterday so should I wait until the soil dries a bit before I flush with fresh water?

I wouldnt "flush" them. Maybe just feed RO with a bit of fish water or even tap if your tap water is ok. Again the plants look great, we are just nitpicking lol.

P

Plantman2465

I wouldnt "flush" them. Maybe just feed RO with a bit of fish water or even tap if your tap water is ok. Again the plants look great, we are just nitpicking lol.
No nit picking is good , I want to learn everything I can. I have always been a firm believer in constructive criticism. It's one of the best ways to learn. Like I said it's my first time so I'm here to absorb any good advice I can get. I think the next watering will be pure ro just in case there is to much nitrogen. It can't hurt right?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
No nit picking is good , I want to learn everything I can. I have always been a firm believer in constructive criticism. It's one of the best ways to learn. Like I said it's my first time so I'm here to absorb any good advice I can get. I think the next watering will be pure ro just in case there is to much nitrogen. It can't hurt right?

Awesome, I love your attitude. That's honestly the most important aspect of becoming a decent grower is to not get defensive and wrapped up in ego.

RO water on it's own is ok I think but I've never tried it with ffof. I'd be cautious about its lack of hardness causing osmosis issues in the rootzone. I like to add 100-150ppm Ca carbonate or at the least a very small amount of nutes personally. I think youd be fine using like 10-20% fish water mixed with RO. Or even 50/50 RO tap, or just tap if it's under 200ppm.

P

Plantman2465

Awesome, I love your attitude. That's honestly the most important aspect of becoming a decent grower is to not get defensive and wrapped up in ego.

RO water on it's own is ok I think but I've never tried it with ffof. I'd be cautious about its lack of hardness causing osmosis issues in the rootzone. I like to add 100-150ppm Ca carbonate or at the least a very small amount of nutes personally. I think youd be fine using like 10-20% fish water mixed with RO. Or even 50/50 RO tap, or just tap if it's under 200ppm.
Ok I will do the 10% fish water and RO. Before I was doing 50/50 so maybe that was a bit much. She has been on 12/12 for 14 days should she have more mature buds by now? Sorry if I'm asking to many questions.

Top Bottom