First timer cant tell if i have a male

• Thread starter ThuhWiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

ThuhWiz

thank you

All the one is male fer sure and the other is female fer sure thank you very much for all the help i'll post new pics here in a week or two when i get some buds

Melvan

Melvan

Clear Male Pics

Here a couple of pics that clearly show the male parts. These happen to be from an Indicas XXL I grew a couple of years back and kept one pheno out of 5 as a mother, very dank bud if you get a chance to grow it.

T

ThuhWiz

yeah fer sure thats pretty much how it looks but there are more lol is it good for anything tho like stem hash or should i just get rid of it?

Melvan

Melvan

Just destroy them. They aren't good for anything except knocking your girls up.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Melvan has got you covered bro. Good luck with your grow.

Peace

B

beancounter

Here a couple of pics that clearly show the male parts. These happen to be from an Indicas XXL I grew a couple of years back and kept one pheno out of 5 as a mother, very dank bud if you get a chance to grow it.

perfect pics of a male about 1-2 weeks after a very seasoned seed grower can tell sex.

Usually I can tell at about 4-5 nodes (on average, depending on light source, pot size and other basic factors), and once you've done enough seeds you can tell by the 1st sign of male or female organs whether there's pistils present or not. females will have a distinct tear drop shape, essentially a calyx, just very small (about .5mm wide at the base, some people may need a simple magnifying glass or jeweller's loop), and without any split running lengthwise. The males on the other hand look more like balls with a lil' curved hook protruding from the top, also u should notice a small split or line (that is where the nanners will force the ball apart when flowering later) down the center of the ball.

*Female calyxes/pistils will eventually have splits in them (where the seeds break out of when pollinated) but the 1st several female organs wont have any lines/splits and i find this a good rule to use for very early sexing.

At 4-5 nodes I start to see pinhead bumps at the bare minimum. then i know that the next node should reveal enough to sex from 90% out of the time.

But if you have the space, and numbers aren't a problem like your situation, just let the plant go until you see proper sexual parts as mature/developed as the great pics posted above.

I am glad you've got your plants sexed now, time to cut down that durty male, i usually just cut them up into pieces and put them in my compost.. If you were to flower the male (seperately of course) it may put out some decent trichomes and then u could use it for bubble or oil. If you do flower it just make sure you take care of it after the female, and mist the plant (and yourself) with water which will kill any exposed pollen..

But IMHO it's more trouble than it's worth unless you have a seperate room with a few low wattage floros/cfls.

Now to see how the Lady performs :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom