First timer from Michigan

• Thread starter JohnMD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JohnMD

JohnMD

First time growing cannabis. I've had a vegetable garden for years, but since recreational marijuana is legal, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not even a huge fan of smoking, but I like growing things.
I'm growing Gorilla Glue 4.
I have 6 plants I started from seed 36 days ago.
They're in a grow tent under a SunBlaze T5 8-bulb fixture that had 8 fluorescent bulbs which I've recently changed over to LED (5000K/3500lm) tube lights.
I'm doing a loose experiment with this grow, using 3 different sized containers and two different types of fertilizer (organic dry vegetable fert and Fox Farms liquid trio) to see which one does the best.
I've also been doing a weekly vlog to show the progress.
As with just about anything I get into, I like to find a message board to ask questions and read things from experienced growers. Happy to have stumbled onto THC Farmer.

GrowGnome

GrowGnome

Hey how's it going? I just joined THC farmer today. I've been growing for two years and its the greatest hobby ever. I specialize in smokable hemp. I'm located in Oregon and Colorado.

B

Burned Haze

Hey there and welcome!
i see you said your not a fan of smoking .as a suggestion , learn how to make extractions and than make edibles or both ? ( they would give you effect for w/e dosage you want if you do it correctly) or get a good smokable vape so you are not smoking If you don’t want that. Point is everyone should have choices and if you don’t want to smoke, than don’t but cannabis still does have amazing benefit and if you haven’t tried that version I def would ( Just as a side with edibles , make sure to be safe with your dosages when your first starting out or all your doing is overdoing the dosage and making the effect .a lot of people I’ve see won’t even try edibles again Because of that one time dosage and they should of been under dosaging or at least making to know how much a dosage is per bar/edible .. If so many people would of just tried lower dosages, I bet they would trying again vs smoking or using it holistically if it was a good grade edible .

not trying to get off topic but when I see somone on here say that, a great tip I think a lot of people should think about than smoking is only option and seeing that as the only way ( I do all methods , so don’t think I’m pushing just edibles )

here’s some info on rick Simpson : if you don’t know what that is, it’s a whole based oil extract. And not hard to do, just taste bad but take it like a med ( at least that’s what I do for my seizures and misc)

misc edible guides from Gummies to cannabutter
https://youtu.be/Wj0nslb1XZ8

JohnMD

JohnMD

Thanks BH. I recently tried gummies. The guy who gave me the seeds for my plants brought me 3 gummies made from the same strain.
I'm not opposed to the act of smoking. I'm just more of a fan of drinking. lol

JohnMD

JohnMD

The 8 LED "daylight" tube bulbs are putting off a total of 40,000K and 28,000lm.

When I switch to flowering, I'll use 8 LED "warm" bulbs which emit a total of 28,000K and 20,000lm.

I assumed it would be enough. Am I wrong?

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

Thanks BH. I recently tried gummies. The guy who gave me the seeds for my plants brought me 3 gummies made from the same strain.
I'm not opposed to the act of smoking. I'm just more of a fan of drinking. lol
Make some weed infused shine, good ol' green corn liquor lol

rayi

rayi

I'm hoping some of the smart guys step in. I'm used to LED and Watts. You seem to know what your doing. You might want to start another thread and ask about your lights.

Top Bottom