First Timer Guerrilla Grow Tips/advice

• Thread starter GDSkid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GDSkid

GDSkid

Hey all. Im planning on starting my first guerrilla grow outdoors in the coming months. I've been reading, watching, and listening as much as I can to try and learn as many things as possible before it starts to get warm. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips on what to expect, what to do, etc. for a first timer. Thanks.

Paperchase

Paperchase

Expect to do a lot of extra hard work and always be on the alert never leave nothing at the grow place and dnt make a beating path to the grow have two ways in just a few tips.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
If your not going to take your own soil to your grow spot. Think about amending the existing soil with some humic, dolomite lime and Epsom. It will make a huge difference.
Never get seen carrying anything to or from your grow spot. If doing small plant counts, spit the locations up so only one plant can be found at a time. If doing patches, plant 3. One for you, one for nature, one for rippers. I grew gorilla Inna non med state for many years no problems. Best of luck.
Peace

GDSkid

GDSkid

The spot I've been looking it is really secluded so it's a long trek but I don't mind the carrying too much. I think I'll do it really late or really early. Would any more than three be too much work for me?

Paperchase

Paperchase

If ur doing it all by urself it might but it all depends on hw u gone water it and if u going in the existing soil or if u going in pots u got to wry bout transplanting if u started off with small pots.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
The spot I've been looking it is really secluded so it's a long trek but I don't mind the carrying too much. I think I'll do it really late or really early. Would any more than three be too much work for me?
That is such a relative question.
For me gorilla style meant lots of prep , then lots of waiting , with no site visits untill harvest or if rain was scarce and I had to water. I tried a 4 visit stlye. Scout, plant ,sex and harvest. It worked well for me in my swampy climate.

GDSkid

GDSkid

No site visits? And that worked out ok? Damn man that's awesome. I guess I'm really scared of animals or something people not so much.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
No site visits? And that worked out ok? Damn man that's awesome. I guess I'm really scared of animals or something people not so much.
Sometimes it worked wonderfully. I would line a trench with plastic and punch one hole every foot then fill with my soil mix and plant seedlings. Come back in May and pull males, maybe a watering or two if it was a dry summer, then come back in Oct and harvest. Sometimes they would be ripped, ate by deer , destoyed by bugs or just full of seed. Most of the time I pulled big sappy pinetree buds at harvest.

GDSkid

GDSkid

Hahah that's sick. How many would you plant at a time? I figure more considering it increases your chance of a getting a good one

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I liked to do patches of about 10 plants , which ends up 4-5 females in a 6x2x2 trench. And I would do 3 patches if I could.
Once I was stupid and did 150 plants in one spot, but I got lucky that year.
So Glad I'm Legal Now.
Best of luck.
Peace

velocity

velocity

Dont put your eggs in 1 basket. Animals, storms, ect can wipe it out. The big thing is are you going to tend or let them grow. Thats 2 differant ball games. Best thing in any case is to have a couple spots with 2 or 3 in the area. How well do you know the area. If there is any hemp within a couple miles in the ditches or creeks then dont plant there. Dont take same way in when visit, be very attentive on how you move when going in. Dont bumb rush and break grass ect down because it will look like a path, walk slow, walk watching every foot step. Dont plant them close together, some states will hit you with cultivation so spread em out. Look online for laws in you state on any of the canna orgs website about laws.

If wanting to irragate auto style here are couple things that can do it if near a water source. Solar panel for a deer corn feeder, 12V marine battery brand new big as you can buy CCA, timer for 12V system, big boat bilge pump. Put the panel high up in a tree and can wire the the timer to the battery and then to the bilge pump. Irragation not perfect it has to be maintanced atleast weekly, dont forget your volt meter. Hit google you can find 12 volt timers.

Here is a soil recipe that has been used alot over the years, just need to play with amounts this for 300 gallons of soil.This will get you to flower no problem, then may need to add some phous to it. Not saying this is the magic recipe but will get you a solid base then can play with once grown in it. This recipe is from mendicino county california for growing there trees. I would say general rule of thumb is to have 2 yds of quality soil per plant if trying to get a lb. 3X3X3 foot is 1 yard, wouldnt go 3 foot down but 2 feet down and wide. 2 feet because most of your feeder roots are in this zone. 27 cu ft in a yard.

You may not get this brand of chicken manure but any will work as long s its not fresh, the bone meal needs to be steamed no matter whos label is on it. This recipe will get hot and kick off because its composting so give it time, if the temp of it is under 85F you can plant in it, be sure when you do because of the nutriant levels in it to have your hole for the plant 4 inches larger all around and 4 inches deeper for the plant. Dig the hole for your plant make sure its deeper and larger than the plant, then fill the hole with unamended soil, then dig the hole for the plant and plant it. The unamemnded soil will give the plant a bit of time to grow and also let the amended soil wick nuteriant into the poor soil. Just reduces transplant shock and nute burn to the plant. If can get plant 12 to 18 inches tall at home then place in the spot will be best method.

25 bags black gold potting soil (1.5cf ea)

4 bags stutzman farms chicken manure (1 cf ea)

1 bag perlite (4 cf ea)

1 bag (50 lbs) bonemeal (steamed, not precipitated)

1/2 bag gypsum (aprox 1/2 cf) - Edit -> 1/2 of a 40 lb bag (20lbs).

Mix well, water thoroughly, let rest for 2-3 weeks minimum, transplant

There are many ways to run outside, best thing I can say is read out door grow sections on various boards, take from all that reading and put together a method for you. If read for a hour or 2 each nite, and on the weekends in a month you will have a good base of knowledge. Reading is nice to see people methods, planing and ideas, but it takes couple seasons to really get results. Reading is the key though learn from others good and bad experiances.

1 thing you got to know is your climate, humidty temps. This is going to dictate your strains finish times and what strain you can grow for your latitude.

Last edited:
velocity

velocity

Your welcome, thats just a brief over view of sorts. Wanted to get the recipe out there for sure. Its a solid base. Strains is the biggest part of it. So much more crucial than first timers think because its easy to have issues last couple weeks either plants dont mature and frost hits, or have milder or rot issues. Being able to tend to daily is 1 thing but to gorilla you need hardy, resistant, early finishers. Location is the biggest factor. Get a farmers almanac so you know when you have MORE than 12 hours of daylight, thats your set out date. If you put them out before then what happens is the plant goes into flower then flips back to veg and that just cost you loosely 20 days of veg time. You may want to give your self a month before your set out date or 6 weeks so you can get a plant growing and healthy. Theres alot of things that have to be known. Read, read and read and keep reading. I am sure people can help you with strains if you just say hey my latitude is X what strains are possible. You dont want a really heavy sativa very far north.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Mate these days for a gorilla grow go Auto flowering . keep low theres some good strains now . pull up to 3 zips a plant dont need a lot of care apart from setting up the right soil . they prefer less water than more . no need for prunning tipping . so less vists . positive vibes

Top Bottom