First Timer in need of help ASAP pls & thx

• Thread starter honeybbygrw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
honeybbygrw

honeybbygrw

I am having trouble telling exactly what my plants need of me currently and also worried due to how they are looking currently; I am definitely 110% a first timer grower so any and all advice would be so appreciated !
First timer in need of help asap pls  thx 3
First timer in need of help asap pls  thx 2
First timer in need of help asap pls  thx

First timer in need of help asap pls  thx 4
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey, welcome, the same pics in natural light would help a lot, plus some more info. Growing medium, ph, auto or photo, feeding/watering routine, etc

honeybbygrw

honeybbygrw

Hey, welcome, the same pics in natural light would help a lot, plus some more info. Growing medium, ph, auto or photo, feeding/watering routine, etc

my apologies! So all my babies are auto flower, growing medium will be pictured below :) , my water routine isn’t as much as routine as I just have given them straight water up until last night was there first feeding of big bloom, grow big with a microbrew, I’m Absolutely sure I did something wrong there. I’m really not sure what I need to do from here honestly! :( or going forward for that matter it seems.
79FBA896 10EC 437A 96C0 1488F91660EF
17F2ACE6 0CA7 406F A5FE 7DCC80B734CB

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the bigger one needs a transplant at least, the others need clear pictures?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the bigger one needs a transplant at least, the others need clear pictures?
seedlings do not need any nutrients until the two small round cotyledon leaves start to yellow and die off naturally, that’s a sign that the nutrients that came inside the seed to start life have been used up and than it’s time for very light feedings..
really just start over..

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Most has been covered above. Seedlings were stretching for light too. Ph'd water in good organic soil is usually good for a couple weeks of initial growth before light feeding.

honeybbygrw

honeybbygrw

seedlings do not need any nutrients until the two small round cotyledon leaves start to yellow and die off naturally, that’s a sign that the nutrients that came inside the seed to start life have been used up and than it’s time for very light feedings..
really just start over..

thank you for the helpful info! So by start over do you mean a flush or should I just say goodbye to these guys altogether?

As for the older plants (better pictures below what would you suggest or does your advice also apply to these as well? Again thanks so much for your help!
C240785D 521C 4829 8CE9 9F2103716FA3

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
thank you for the helpful info! So by start over do you mean a flush or should I just say goodbye to these guys altogether?

As for the older plants (better pictures below what would you suggest or does your advice also apply to these as well? Again thanks so much for your help! View attachment 1108724
transplant that one, than take clear pictures of each one and post individually.,

Madbud

Madbud

Stop watering, poke holes in the cups to help dry the soil out. Repot the big one if you can but mainly stop watering until the cups are light, real light in your hand. If you have a scale, a solo cup of fresh bag soil weighs around 200g full, guessing yours are over 300. Everybody starts this way. Here’s your root structure at seven days.

honeybbygrw

honeybbygrw

Stop watering, poke holes in the cups to help dry the soil out. Repot the big one if you can but mainly stop watering until the cups are light, real light in your hand. If you have a scale, a solo cup of fresh bag soil weighs around 200g full, guessing yours are over 300. Everybody starts this way. Here’s your root structure at seven days.

here are the smaller seedlings I was talking about earlier 🌱 should I say goodbye? Or just stop all feedings and give straight water until they look like my bigger plants?

btw successfully repot the older plants from earlier had two others same size but they looked normal but I made sure to repot them to :)! Thanks so much!
282AF37A D619 45EB B2D4 59F8BC4CF256
906D930C 45FE 428F 97E5 0ED6A3BD87F2
F80D1152 EB9F 4212 90FB 17C95383AEFB
EAE70836 E26B 4280 8BF9 F88CBE50BFA8

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
personally i’d start over and throw those out and the soil, always start fresh and new..
but you can wait and see what other replies you’ll get..
if you start over, post here sooner and the growers here will help you along..

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

personally i’d start over and throw those out and the soil, always start fresh and new..
but you can wait and see what other replies you’ll get..
if you start over, post here sooner and the growers here will help you along..
I agree, the start is very important in setting up a strong finish. Not worth the time to save so little.

Madbud

Madbud

If you have seeds, start over with a half cup of soil. If they stretch just add more soil for support. Otherwise the seedlings are still alive and probably survive if you wait for the soil to dry 4-5 days before watering again. Wet soil draws bugs, you want the top dry. And nothing but water til at least a set of five finger leaves.

honeybbygrw

honeybbygrw

If you have seeds, start over with a half cup of soil. If they stretch just add more soil for support. Otherwise the seedlings are still alive and probably survive if you wait for the soil to dry 4-5 days before watering again. Wet soil draws bugs, you want the top dry. And nothing but water til at least a set of five finger leaves.

Wow I’ve gotten some really awesome info today , We can officially say RIP to the two smaller plants. Thank you all for helping me thru this it means so much!
In good news, they were apart of a controlled group so we still have about 15 seedlings left whom all look absolutely wonderful EXCEPT they are definitely stretched out like the two that have since passed to the great green beyond. Do you all think I should repot the remaining out stretched seedlings ?

honeybbygrw

honeybbygrw

I like the Eiffel Tower look myself, couple paper clips, some pipecleaners...😄

haha! I love it! Lol my own little green Paris 😂

awesome I have our survivors currently propped up with pipe cleaners. Should I only repot when they look Like their older siblings from earlier?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
next transplant you can plant deeper and roots will grow from the stem which is a good thing.
stretching can be from the light to far, ambient air temp above 80 or the soil/root zone temp is too warm.

Top Bottom